Oceanfront Hyatt's (Completed)

Vanguard

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again: having been to Florida three years in a row, and having seen what their beaches have to offer, VB’s oceanfront architecture is very disappointing. With them tearing down the old models, this is a prime opportunity to turn the upper end and Rudee Inlet into something amazing. VB wants to grow and mature, and this is their big chance. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I got a couple more shots earlier today. I think it needs more glass on the facade, but while I was at the strip a couple nights ago, I noticed the Hyatt Place was well lit-up for nighttime. Hopefully, they'll do the same here. 

IMG_8965.jpg

IMG_8967.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Virginia City said:

So you're telling me they have this large Hyatt Hotel at the Oceanfront and it has almost no windows? What idiot got paid for that horrible design?   

Ha ha, no. I believe it’s an all oceanfront type thing. Every room has an oceanfront view, so I think the front of the building is just a hallway with room doors, while the sides and rear have windows facing the beach and the ocean, respectively. 

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 7:42 PM, baobabs727 said:

An additional floor completed. I think this is the 15th. I need to go count, but anyway....  So do we know the official height on this thing upon completion? Going to be close to that of the Hyatt. Within 20 feet I would say. 

4C80F405-9DF6-4841-8C1D-3CF0CCA10F94.jpeg

It wasn’t supposed to be this tall. Initial renderings had it much shorter than the other building. Not sure what accounts for the additional height.

I think they made it 17 floors. That’s what I counted. Plus the top floor appears to be a couple feet taller than the  rest. 

The architect’s website renders the building at 17 floors, describes it as 15 (which is not correct), and then shows it  from an odd perspective which makes it look shorter than it actually is relative to the Hyatt. 

The final photo is mine, just a blowup and you can see from dead-on perspective the height diff is actually minimal.

EBE219ED-B7E8-464F-A74B-07646B53F98F.png

55A97D1A-1787-419A-94B1-DB4B2EA15131.png

6DADC538-8576-4035-B485-B29F237C4432.png

Edited by baobabs727

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • vdogg changed the title to Oceanfront Hyatt's (Completed)