Penmarc Village

Jones_

This is going in the area around the South Saunders Red Roof Inn. Obviously this area can use some development, and if the right tenants show up it could be nice-ish, but its also awfully close to Sams Club and gas station row so who knows. Better than a field of red clay? Perhaps....I suppose we'll see. In a perfect world, the South Saunders connector never was put in, the grid from downtown to Caraleigh was maintained and completed (it never was fully connected, but was might close right up to Rocky Branch) and this development would extend the grid further into the southern countryside. As is, its just suburban stuff, really close to downtown...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like nothing more than another strip mall to me.  I guess some good amenities for that area, but zero percent urban.  And I think that's okay.  Would've taken a huuuge effort to put urban development here.  Although, just including some residential would've helped a lot.  Maybe townhomes along Water Works St. and along the east side of Penmarc Dr.

• 2 years later...
On 3/27/2015 at 8:19 AM, Green_man said:

Looks like nothing more than another strip mall to me.  I guess some good amenities for that area, but zero percent urban.  And I think that's okay.  Would've taken a huuuge effort to put urban development here.  Although, just including some residential would've helped a lot.  Maybe townhomes along Water Works St. and along the east side of Penmarc Dr.

I hate rumor mill stuff as much a anyone, but a realtor friend says  the old plan for this area is dead (never was actually) and that new interest is coming to town with their checkbook, so stay tuned. I got the feeling something better, perhaps a lot better, is coming for this spot. 

Archived