Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jones_

Penmarc Village

3 posts in this topic

This is going in the area around the South Saunders Red Roof Inn. Obviously this area can use some development, and if the right tenants show up it could be nice-ish, but its also awfully close to Sams Club and gas station row so who knows. Better than a field of red clay? Perhaps....I suppose we'll see. In a perfect world, the South Saunders connector never was put in, the grid from downtown to Caraleigh was maintained and completed (it never was fully connected, but was might close right up to Rocky Branch) and this development would extend the grid further into the southern countryside. As is, its just suburban stuff, really close to downtown...

Looks like nothing more than another strip mall to me.  I guess some good amenities for that area, but zero percent urban.  And I think that's okay.  Would've taken a huuuge effort to put urban development here.  Although, just including some residential would've helped a lot.  Maybe townhomes along Water Works St. and along the east side of Penmarc Dr.

I always thought that this area would be good for a stadium or arena of some sort.

1 person likes this