Water Street Development

rancenc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like this project. Will look good and serves alot of purposes. I'm not sure why they changed the rendering, the second looks a little more plain, boring. I like the 18 story version better, adds a little more spice to DT Wilmington. You wonder what people have against tall buildings.

• 1 year later...

This looks like a great new development along Water Street and the key to a healthy downtown is residential and this provides some. Great project. http://www.wilmingtonnc.gov/city_manager/special_projects/water_street_deck

http://www.wect.com/story/32484070/city-council-votes-yes-on-final-approval-of-funding-for-water-st-parking-deck

Having more retail and residential right in the heart of downtown will spur lots of growth. 

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/29/2018 at 9:00 PM, rancenc said:

Detailed information on the RiverPlace Development

http://www.riverplacewilmington.com/

Thanks. Having people in Wilmington who can better keep up with these development is really helpful. Hopefully downtown can start seeing even more developments such as this spring up and add density to the skyline.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I have been to all 100 counties from Murphy to Manteo and every county in between.

Just announced today Mellow Mushroom is opening a new location in RiverPlace in downtown Wilmington.  This 13 story condo apartment tower is going to look HUGE on the Wilmington skyline as it so close to the river.  

That’s impressive!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/14/2019 at 4:14 PM, KJHburg said:

Awesome. This project is giving good urbanity, as well a height to downtown Wilmy. Please take some pics next time you ride through!

• Like 3

On 6/8/2019 at 9:25 PM, KJHburg said:

you will know next time I am in wilmington for I make the rounds of the major projects.  downtown Wilmington is booming with this River Place, new apartments near the PPD HQ and lots of small shops and some new hotels.  

If you ever run for governor, I’m voting for you, KJ.  You’re everywhere in NC.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 5 months later...