Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HRVT

Green Flash Brewery

15 posts in this topic

So a couple years ago, it was announced that Virginia Beach was going to be getting the East Coast brewery for Green Flash Brewing. A few months ago, they finally broke ground. Now on that site, there are rezoning signs and absolutely no sign of construction. Is this project still a go?

Green Flash has a lot of info on their site about their upcoming VB location – including on their homepage. They also had a big ground breaking party with the Mayor and stuff. I've got to imagine they are still on and just delayed. I certainly hope so!

Green Flash has a lot of info on their site about their upcoming VB location – including on their homepage. They also had a big ground breaking party with the Mayor and stuff. I've got to imagine they are still on and just delayed. I certainly hope so!

I hope that it's just a delay. But given that the groundbreaking was about 6 months ago and nothing has happened to that site since, I can't imagine that that's a good sign.

I hope that it's just a delay. But given that the groundbreaking was about 6 months ago and nothing has happened to that site since, I can't imagine that that's a good sign.

In good news, it appears that construction work is about to begin. I drove by the site earlier this week and there is construction equipment on site. It's been set for an early 2016 opening for a while now, so if construction is quick, it may open about on time.... depending on your definition of "early 2016".

Hooray! I am bummed that this isn't going in at the Oceanfront or Town Center though. Seems like a pretty out of the way spot.

Hooray! I am bummed that this isn't going in at the Oceanfront or Town Center though. Seems like a pretty out of the way spot.

It's actually not that far from the Oceanfront. Also, the site that they're using will allow for future expansion, and the restaurant scene in the Red Mill area has been growing a decent bit in the past several years. We've had a large influx of tourists down that way in recent years, and it provides another piece of the puzzle for the Corporate Landing business district.

I think that this will become a destination business. If the food and atmosphere is right, then I'm sure that droves of people (locals and tourists) will spend plenty of time and money here. :)

Good news! Glad someone else is finally building in Corporate Landing. LOL

The walls are finally going up on the building. With much of the site prep work complete, construction seems to be moving quickly as of late.

The building is starting to take shape quickly. I can't wait to come back and visit for a tasting.IMG_6468.thumb.JPG.5cbfb87fc5e54d87fc6d3 

1 person likes this

This will be pretty great for VB. If only it weren't so isolated... At least there's Uber and Lyft, now.

When you look at the location, it's not far from the Oceanfront. It's relatively close in proximity to Back Bay Brewing, Reaver Beach Brewing and Young Veteran's Brewing. Couple that with some of the breweries around Shore Drive as well as the distilleries opening in the resort district and Virginia Beach has a bit of a trail of beer that could be alluring for tourists.

1 person likes this

It seems construction has slowed down a bit. I think at this point, any hope of an "early 2016" open is out the window. I think we're looking at something more around the range of Late Spring - Early Summer. But that's of course, only a guess.

Edited by HRVT

The last I read about Green Flash is that they are planning to open the tasting room on Memorial Day Weekend. The brewery will not be fully functiong yet, but should be later in the Summer. There is going to be a special Green Flash "Coast-To-Coast" beer which will be released nationally to commemorate the new VB brewery.

3 people like this