New Realm Brewery

HRVT

37 minutes ago, BFG said:

O'Connor has a pretty solid following in Ghent/Park Place and downtown. I doubt the people who go to that location will drive all the way to General Booth regularly.

I could see a second location opening out there, but not the entire operations.

I agree. I would see that location as more of a production center. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Urbanlooker said:

I think O'Connor has expanded all the way to Charlotte area but I think they would be a good fit for this spot but I think they are pretty loyal to trying to stay in Norfolk and it would be a major investment that I don't think they are quite ready for. 

Per the beer finder on their website, they're not yet in Charlotte or the Greensboro area. They are in Southern Pines/Fayetteville a little bit. They have a fair presence in Raleigh/Durham.

http://oconnorbrewing.com/finder/

And for what it's worth, I don't see O'Connor purchasing this building... but if a local brewery did, I couldn't imagine who else it would be.

IDK if it's a bubble about to burst or Green Flash just made a poor business decision. As far as I know they are based in San Diego and they decided to expand and put a new brewery all the way in VB. That's one hell of a big bite. Stone at least had a National following before they opened in Richmond. I used to live in San Diego and didn't really see a noticeable presence.  

http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/04/03/troubled-green-flash-brewery-sold-after-foreclosure/

And it's official. Green Flash is gone in a...flash. It is apparent (in retrospect) that moving to VB was a pretty bad idea, but it appears that the whole company is going under, not just East Coast operations. From the sounds of things, selling VB was supposed to be a way to keep things afloat, but it doesn't seem to have worked. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a firm date but New Realm is aiming to open by the end of the month and has events planned throughout September. 

DFB7D302-B301-4089-BE6A-B619B23F4B89.thumb.png.ee3ea1bf893adbf3b10dd3163fb50bc2.png

Farmhouse Brewing has been hinting at opening soon but doesn’t have any events until October. 

36E2CA41-6F3E-4D22-AA58-27D564589446.thumb.png.c4fd327e1885dd331032e35fb3aa506f.png

And finally Big Ugly opened their new location in Chesapeake last weekend.

B81BD9C0-5D2C-4F44-BE40-3D2D323FA7D1.thumb.png.8aacdde7a178b530b9dabb896e9f56e1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived