Ridgewood Apartments

RALNATIVE

Quite the aside, I wonder if Meredith would ever consider selling off the slice of land across from Ridgewood....? I realize it's an excellent buffer between Wade and campus but I was pondering this area ever being an urban node, and it seemed like it would take development on this slice to ever make that happen. Perhaps Meredith could open a second entrance an embrace Wade better? Just thinking out loud...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...
On 2/15/2016 at 4:27 PM, Jones_ said:

Quite the aside, I wonder if Meredith would ever consider selling off the slice of land across from Ridgewood....? I realize it's an excellent buffer between Wade and campus but I was pondering this area ever being an urban node, and it seemed like it would take development on this slice to ever make that happen. Perhaps Meredith could open a second entrance an embrace Wade better? Just thinking out loud...

The crappy houses on both sides of the street to the east of Ridgewood will end up being something else sooner or later. If a developer can buy contiguous lots, they could certainly build some low rise or townhomes like the ones Barker is renting further east near Brooks. There will never be a real urban feel to that area though. It's not like Hillsborough which already has a lot of old bones to work with.

As for Meredith, they could've turned the pedestrian gate into a car gate years ago. Pretty sure they like the quaint, secluded feel they have now and don't want to give up most of the (not huge) buffer they've got.

• 1 year later...

Archived