CONSTRUCTION THREAD: City Homes@Markley

NBNY2GRNVL

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

e75e4197441a847875f3ae27861f363b.jpg674d0a7be6a0e10b80b5cf0945d6a68f.jpg6e3706c71908e38d74a50fe796b0c59d.jpg10a2fa7d71e68d5bda8df65a30b3ea6f.jpg6573956323ff84c6764e8e420ff27c5e.jpg1ddd95e9f23941ddc89bdb388ab6454c.jpg987967f27d9c9a773193aa032723a8f6.jpg

I really think it's awesome that all this residential is getting built around AJ Whittenberg elementary school and the Kroc Center. Something I've been concerned about is that all the residential would just be people in their 20s that want to party and retirees. I think having a focus on families is really going to make sure the city demographics stay mixed and create a Renaissance and families living in the city instead of the suburbs. I can totally see a young up and coming family deciding to live here so their child can live across the street from one of the best schools in the state. My son goes there and it's really amazing. I hated my elementary school and he talks all the time about how much he loves school and he loves his school in particular. They're going to space camp this month. I mean I never did anything like that when I was a kid.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I like the Cole projects too, lots of attention to detail with sustainable focus.  On a side note with this particular location, these are like really, I mean really close to the train tracks.  I cant imagine the sound and vibration proofing needed to insulate from something like that.  If any developer could do it, Cole could.  Was wondering if the tracks were going to be decommissioned and they knew something we didn't.

I like the Cole projects too, lots of attention to detail with sustainable focus.  On a side note with this particular location, these are like really, I mean really close to the train tracks.  I cant imagine the sound and vibration proofing needed to insulate from something like that.  If any developer could do it, Cole could.  Was wondering if the tracks were going to be decommissioned and they knew something we didn't.

Those tracks are used maybe once or twice daily tops so its not like they are used all the time.

Not even sure why they are needed anymore since doesn't it connect to the same tracks on either end?

Those tracks are used maybe once or twice daily tops so its not like they are used all the time.

Not even sure why they are needed anymore since doesn't it connect to the same tracks on either end?

not sure why either, maybe they are going to be decomissioned?  Those tracks are under 50 ft from the front wall of those units.  1-2 times a day is a hell of a lot when you are that close IMHO and this doesnt take into account the horn blowing as it approaches and leaves that you can hear from 1/4 mile away.   These units must be built like tanks and if so, it might actually be pretty cool to be that close to a train rolling by, maybe.

not sure why either, maybe they are going to be decomissioned?  Those tracks are under 50 ft from the front wall of those units.  1-2 times a day is a hell of a lot when you are that close IMHO and this doesnt take into account the horn blowing as it approaches and leaves that you can hear from 1/4 mile away.   These units must be built like tanks and if so, it might actually be pretty cool to be that close to a train rolling by, maybe.

Living in Central near the tracks, I can hear a train go by every 5-10 minutes at night even. If I can live with that, Im sure people there can live with twice daily. 

This freight line just serves the lower part of greenville county. A train goes out and comes back in once a day Monday- Friday, or not at all, so it's not too bad. We do make big effort to build quiet, energy efficient homes. We use high quality windows and doors, spray foam insulation and sound proofing.  These are sold, custom designed and built as single family homes, so they are permitted invidually. This process takes a little longer than a standard condo project. We will be building the two units on the interior row next, and plan to start by the end of the year if we can get the permits.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived