Just a little rant. .

SouthJersey7

I was watching TV and saw this "Click It or Ticket" ad, which is an effort to encourage seatbelt usage, by ticketing people. Sounds good and all. But I got to thinking, this is really kind of ridiculous. It seems they'll do anything to keep people safe, as long as it dosen't threaten their auto-dependent lifestyle. If they put me in charge of reducing auto accidents and increasing safety, I would make an advert increasing walking, or using transit, or bicycles. I would hasten to point out that you are thousands of times more likely to be killed in a car, even wearing a seatbelt, then while riding in a transit vehicle. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their efforts to keep people safe, but there are far better ways to do it. Any thoughts on this?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bravo!

Good facts in there. However, there will always be some idiot out there who will get ticketed for doing such things.

It might help increase the transit group's profits, which would be useful in Atlanta and MARTA.

You know what bothers me, and is slightly related to your rant?

Automobile Ads on city buses! When my bus pulls up to pick up a transit-friendly person like me, I see a huge picture of an SUV staring at me. What kind of oxymoron is that?

"Ride PalmTran!"

"Check out our sponsor.....Ford!"

You know what bothers me, and is slightly related to your rant?

Automobile Ads on city buses!  When my bus pulls up to pick up a transit-friendly person like me, I see a huge picture of an SUV staring at me.  What kind of oxymoron is that?

"Ride PalmTran!"

"Check out our sponsor.....Ford!"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

An interesting coincidence.

Archived