Marriott Tri-Brand, 21 Stories, 486 Rooms, $137 million

evansnathan

10 hours ago, titanhog said:

I really wish it wasn't sitting on that behemoth block platform.  If they could have designed the top portion to come all the way to the ground to somehow hide the garage, it sure would be a nicer design, IMO.  Just another box on a box right now.

Agreed, but it does have what appears to be ground floor retail. That and the design elements around the rest of the building do a lot to make up for the obvious parking pedestal.

Let's just get it up in the air, already!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I hate when they put stuff like that into renderings.  It's like they almost can't help themselves.  'I personally think these are cool, so they will definitely enhance the rendering.'  It's like the adult version of a six year old making a drawing of his family next to their house with dinosaurs in the background.

Having worked on project visualizations before, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a product of client feedback. "I love the building, but the street looks kind of empty. Can you Photoshop a car in there or something? By the way, I need these back in three minutes. Thanks!" Can't defend the Rolls though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PruneTracy said:

Having worked on project visualizations before, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a product of client feedback. "I love the building, but the street looks kind of empty. Can you Photoshop a car in there or something? By the way, I need these back in three minutes. Thanks!" Can't defend the Rolls though.

Better than a Ferrari or Lambo... actually I've only seen one Rolls recently and it was in Green Hills. Seen more of the other two regularly downtown...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • dmillsphoto changed the title to Marriott Tri-Brand - 21 Stories - 468 Rooms - SoBro - Site work
10 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

Any renderings from the side of the building that will be facing i40? Looks like this will mostly block the view of Omni from the interstate, so hoping it wouldn't be just a bland wall

Not yet, but I imagine the south wall will be the firewall for the Residence Inn portion, and will be nothing to look at. The other piece will be rooms.

• Like 1

On April 26, 2016 at 1:06 PM, MLBrumby said:
5 hours ago, markhollin said:

New renderings of Marriott Tri-Brand. The latter two focus on the placement of approved signage.

Marriott Tri-Brand render 1, July, 2016.png

Marriott Tri-Brand render 2, July, 2016.png

Marriott Tri-Brand render 3, July, 2016.png

The more I see this thing, the more I like it. It's different and will definitely add some spice to the skyline.