evansnathan

Marriott Tri-Brand, 21 Stories, 486 Rooms, $137 million

6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

as I told @markhollin I have never seen a city building so many hotels!  It is incredible.  Just blocks of new hotels being built! 

Yeah...we're building numbers of hotel rooms like cities 5-6 times larger than us.  It's insane.

• Like 4

The pool at the Marriott would not get much sun during the summer months.  The Joseph Hotel will block the Mornings and the Marriott itself will block the afternoons.  

Screenshot_2018-11-23-13-23-08.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chris holman said:

Does anybody know if the signs for the other 2 brands will go on the side of the building? I just see  AC so far 

Corner-View-1-768x744.jpg

Cropped photos from a post here Nov 7 show the signage features all three names

502ADD0E-BBF2-4ABD-A948-D675ACB424C7.jpeg

905EBFEF-0FA9-42B7-B220-CAD6138388BB.jpeg

12900C61-713C-466F-85BC-3E3F9A1A2C18.jpeg

Maybe they eliminated the solo side signs?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Cropped photos from a post here Nov 7 show the signage features all three names

Maybe they eliminated the solo side signs?

I think they did. The signs they have up are super bright at night, but it’s almost too bright and too cluttered to see any detail unless you’re right next to it. 

• Like 1

Agreed. The tri-brand look on every sign is overly cluttered. It would make more sense if each was its own sign and had its own dedicated space on the facade. Ideally, each with its own dedicated entrance to minimize confusion amongst the clientele.

• Like 2

I'm okay with this one. I know a lot of posters seem to liken it to the Hyatt Place, but it just isn't on that level.

• Like 1

They certainly took a minimalist approach to the signage on this building. I'm curious to just walk around the lobby area someday and see exactly how a "tri-brand" hotel is set up.

• Like 1

I'm glad they didn't splash umpteen signs all around it.  Although, I suppose that could still happen. 

• Like 1

Except for the neutered crown, the end result is remarkably similar to what was promised. I'm really not sure what there is to complain about here.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

Except for the neutered crown, the end result is remarkably similar to what was promised. I'm really not sure what there is to complain about here.

It screams for a bit of articulation, and maybe a step in to break up what has become a clunky mass of hotel. The lack of substantial crown made it just that much more clunky. Its not the worst, but its not good either.

• Like 2