Marriott Tri-Brand, 21 Stories, 486 Rooms, $137 million

evansnathan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nashtitans, just a little tongue in cheek I believe. Give or take 205.. Lol.  This does make me think of story in the Nashville Ledger..  Stephen Kulinski, managing director of the full-service real estate firm CBRE’s Nashville office. “These days, Kulinski says, “Nashville has everything a big city has, but not a whole lot of it. We’re starting to get some traffic, but there’s still a small-town feel.” Kulinski also offers a bit of perspective.

“I was in Toronto last summer, all gung ho about Nashville and its 25 tower cranes,” he recalls. “Someone said to me, ‘Steve, we have 210 currently in Toronto.’”

210 Cranes!! Wow. 

Edited by CityHeart
  • Like 1

Wow! Sobro is really filling in fast. With the ped bridge to the Gulch, the two areas will meet around the nexus of 8th/Division/Lafayette relatively soon.  Would be nice if the city could do some planning for a streetscape improvement for Lafayette, perhaps with an attractive median and underground utilities.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Wow! Sobro is really filling in fast. With the ped bridge to the Gulch, the two areas will meet around the nexus of 8th/Division/Lafayette relatively soon.  Would be nice if the city could do some planning for a streetscape improvement for Lafayette, perhaps with an attractive median and underground utilities.  

Agree.   Some will recall there was a plan floated only a few years ago, but before SoBro caught fire, for Metro to acquire property rights and realign some of the disjointed SoBro street grid, like Lea and Peabody and intersections with Lafayette.   I'm afraid it's far too late for much of that now, given property values.   The Division connector to Ash may be the last realignment we see of any significance.       

• Like 1

On 9/11/2016 at 1:52 PM, CityHeart said:

Nashtitans, just a little tongue in cheek I believe. Give or take 205.. Lol.  This does make me think of story in the Nashville Ledger..  Stephen Kulinski, managing director of the full-service real estate firm CBRE’s Nashville office. “These days, Kulinski says, “Nashville has everything a big city has, but not a whole lot of it. We’re starting to get some traffic, but there’s still a small-town feel.” Kulinski also offers a bit of perspective.

“I was in Toronto last summer, all gung ho about Nashville and its 25 tower cranes,” he recalls. “Someone said to me, ‘Steve, we have 210 currently in Toronto.’”

210 Cranes!! Wow. 

Nashville has still not had any major private development projects, think $1B minimum with 10-15 cranes minimum. While so many cities envy Nashville, visiting larger cities will provide a VERY quick reality check. Nashville is on fire, compared to Nashville

• Like 1

Well, of course, if you are comparing Nashville to Toronto, Chicago, LA, etc. there is really no comparison, but that is not who we should be comparing ourselves to.  If you have been to Birmingham, Louisville, San Antonio, Jacksonville, Raleigh, Tampa even Denver to some extent, we would have far more than most of those similarly sized cities and close to larger ones like Denver and Tampa. I have been in all of those lately and in total picture, plus all of the statistics we see, we are truly hot and moving.  I agree with most that some taller more creative architecture would be great, but let's not lose sight of significant progress.  Also, can we calm down about window tinting, let's see final products before getting so focused on it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Left yellow crane: Barge Wagner

Middle blue crane: Marriott

Right yellow crane: Olmsted

20160918_154640_zps08qkel35.jpg

**I have an amazing track record of cranes being installed within days after I take pictures :(

Any estimation as to how high the building will rise in relation to the current height of the blue crane?

Edited by TheRaglander

"Any estimation as to how high the building will rise in relation to the current height of the blue crane?"

Probably just one x-segment below where the joint/cab is at the top.  The Tri-Brand Marriott will be about 20 feet shorter than the Omni across the street, and this crane is currently at about equivalent height to that hotel.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...