Marriott Tri-Brand, 21 Stories, 486 Rooms, $137 million

evansnathan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Tim29tn said:

I’d also like to add that I think this is just what the area needed in terms of color differential. This thing sticks out in a good way and it will mesh well with all of the new glass buildings going up. 

I was thinking the same thing. If it was the only building in the area I would bemoan the color, but since it's being fitted into an already burgeoning area of buildings it just adds to the potpourri of designs and colors.

20 minutes ago, titanhog said:

What I see when I look at that photo is how the Hyatt Place and the Hampton HAVE to be kicking themselves for not building larger structures in the heart of downtown.

They were prophetic for building so early, but their vision just wasn't large enough. Who would have thought, though? 

• Like 4

From today's Nashville Post:

The SoBro building to accommodate three Marriott hotel brands will open in the third quarter of 2018, with Atlanta-based developer North Point Hospitality having released new images related to the $140 million project.

Previously to have tentatively opened in mid-2018, the 21-story building recently was topped. It will include a 125-room SpringHill Suites, a 136-room Residence Inn and a 209-room AC Hotel, according to a release. Guests of the three hotels will have equal access to the 470-room hospitality building’s multiple amenities.

This will be the first tri-branded Marriott building located in the United States. The hotel building is located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Fifth Avenue South and Korean Veterans Boulevard.

“This is a major construction milestone for our hotel [building],” S. Jay Patel, North Point president and CEO, said in the release about the topping. “The project continues to move forward on schedule, and we look forward to debuting this unique hotel to the public and the Nashville community.”

Previously, North Point Hospitality developed the 194-room Hilton Garden Inn and adjacent 119-room Home2 Suites Hotels located in Midtown.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, titanhog said:

For you "hotel experts"...what are the advantages, to the company, in having a tri-brand building?  Are there people who choose those brands and those brands only...thus you kill 3 birds with one stone?

I'm not a hotel expert, but I'm in purchasing, so I do feel somewhat qualified in answering your question. :tw_blush:

What you say about killing 3 bird with one stone is correct. Basically, it boils down to economies of scale. The more of something you produce, the less expensive it gets to produce and thus the easier it is to make a profit. You're going to have 3 different types of hotels in varying classes to offer your customers, basically making your place a one-stop shop. 

• Like 2