Marriott Tri-Brand, 21 Stories, 486 Rooms, $137 million

evansnathan

• 2 weeks later...

I use to be more excited about this design and while I do appreciate the curve, I can’t help thinking that, viewing from KVB, it looks incomplete as if it should be the base of a much taller building.  

Pete, this is your cue to photoshop a “what could have been 50 story version”.  J/K of course.  It’s fine as infill.  

John, if your “listening” you didn’t hear me say that.  

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 8:51 AM, LA_TN said:

Signage is up on both sides

DSC_1957~01~01.jpg

DSC_1957~02.jpg

DSC_2026~03.jpg

Crazy to think that 10 years ago, almost none of these buildings existed (The Pinnacle was still under construction and The Encore was just finishing up).

And that is impressive massing / density (which will only get better with the Drury, The Joseph and SAP).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 9:32 AM, markhollin said:

White cladding 98% complete around the whole structure.

Looking east from parking lot on south side of KVB, 1/2 block east of 6th Ave. South:

Marriott TriBrand, June 16, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SW from intersection of KVB and 5th Ave. South:

Marriott TriBrand, June 16, 2018, 2.jpg

Do these window washers get hazard pay when they are in that carriage?? Bless them if there is a sudden gust of wind

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Do these window washers get hazard pay when they are in that carriage?? Bless them if there is a sudden gust of wind

You ever seen the guys who rappel down the side of the building to wash the windows? I saw a bunch of guys doing that a few years ago on I what I think was either the service source building or the building that now houses the Fairlane hotel. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

You ever seen the guys who rappel down the side of the building to wash the windows? I saw a bunch of guys doing that a few years ago on I what I think was either the service source building or the building that now houses the Fairlane hotel. 

Yes I have, and they are brave souls. Many of the buildings in Boston have the rappel washers due to older buildings not having the baskets or really funky shapes.

• Like 1