Marriott Tri-Brand, 21 Stories, 486 Rooms, $137 million

evansnathan

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It screams for a bit of articulation, and maybe a step in to break up what has become a clunky mass of hotel. The lack of substantial crown made it just that much more clunky. Its not the worst, but its not good either.

At least it's not beige.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

Except for the neutered crown, the end result is remarkably similar to what was promised. I'm really not sure what there is to complain about here.

It's called meme posting. Someone (usually a lemon sucker) sets a meme and the rest of the guppies swim with it to ingratiate themselves with the rest of the school.

Edited by Ingram

• 2 weeks later...

It may be the only triple branded Marriott with an AC Marriott, but it's not the only triple  Marriott.  I recently stayed in one in downtown Houston.  Courtyard, Residence Inn, and Springhill Suites all under one roof, in a beautiful, renovated 1921  building.

Image result for houston downtown courtyard marriott

Edited by etimer13
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, etimer13 said:

It may be the only triple branded Marriott with an AC Marriott, but it's not the only triple  Marriott.  I recently stayed in one in downtown Houston.  Courtyard, Residence Inn, and Springhill Suites all under one roof, in a beautiful, renovated 1921  building.

It's true! Why are there so many press-releases calling this the First Tri-Brand Marriott in the country??

marriott houston courtyard spring hill suites residence inn.png

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

It didnt change all that much to me. Needs a lot of work or so it would seem.

It looks really cool with definite color changes.  I watched it from my condo a few nights ago.  This is a great addition to the skyline!

• Like 2

Fom my office in City Center tonight, I saw what appeared to be a large scrolling LED message display on the top level.    From my angle and distance, it was hard to tell if it was scrolling across the top of Tri Brand or the Omni.    I think the former but can't swear.      

The scroll was NASHVILLE SC - BAND TOGETHER 

/edit/  drove by on way home and it was the Omni      

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 9:06 AM, Vrtigo said:

Alas... I was really hoping those would fill from bottom to top like a spectrum analyzer. That would have been a really cool riff on the Music City vibe!

Related image

One day, someone is going to get smart and have this on the side of their structure...moving up and down.  Would be an awesome sight to see.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, titanhog said:

One day, someone is going to get smart and have this on the side of their structure...moving up and down.  Would be an awesome sight to see.

It can be used as a warning system to measure the decibel levels of the wooing from the woo girl bachelorette parties. When the bars are high and active locals will know to stay indoors and away from Broadway.

Edited by DDIG
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, DDIG said:

It can be used as a warning system to measure the decibel levels of the wooing from the woo girl bachelorette parties. When the bars are high and active locals will know to stay indoors and away from Broadway.

You joke, but that would actually be really cool to have a sensor and translate outdoor volume levels to a display. See it shoot up when an ambulance rushes by or fireworks or yeah, even a peddle tavern full of wooing. I’m for it.

Edited by fishsticks176
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...