• 9 months later...

• 1 year later...
  • Bos2Nash locked this topic
  • Bos2Nash unlocked this topic
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Steakhouse will be a new eatery on teh ground floor of the Marriott TriBrand. Remick Architecture has designed the $1.5 million build-out. The proprietor is Hal Nowak, who run  a similar high-end steakhouse in Buckhead area of Atlanta. 

The menu offers appetizers like escargot and carpaccio, soups and salads, pasta, seafood entrees like swordfish steak and snapper, veal, and a variety of steaks, lamb and poultry.

A dress code is enforced at Hal’s, prohibiting baseball caps, t-shirts, sweatshirts, athletic wear and more. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2023/03/14/atlanta-based-hals-the-steakhouse-slated-for-dowt.html

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/sobro-hotel-space-set-for-atlanta-steakhouse/article_5649dc36-c282-11ed-9f6d-538d37890ba2.html

• Like 2

The price alone will "weed out" many, but I wish more eating establishments had dress codes. Just my own opinion, as I've actually had to sit at a table in direct view of a g-string rising above the backside of low-cut yoga pants at a better-regarded Italian eatery here.  Let's just say, this woman's figure wasn't flattered by yoga pants (much less the g-string thong).  I say that knowing well that there have been a handful of times when I should have been rejected at the door for what I was wearing... and actually was once. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DDIG said:

Good luck enforcing a strict dress code being located in a hotel in downtown Nashville :tw_joy:

What are you talking about? 

House of Cards and Supper Club have enforced dress codes so why would this place be any different because it's in a hotel.

Edited by Argo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Haru Sushi will be a new restaurant at street level in the Marriott Tri-Brand building.  This will compliment the new Hal's Steakhouse that is also going in along KVB.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/japanese-restaurant-planned-for-sobro/article_378809ec-e9e4-11ed-acc0-abd0ddc6146b.html

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FluffyP13 said:

Didn't Halls just open in the Broadwest? Are they doing a second location? 

I think I may be seeing a trend where there's a successful restaurant, bar, spot that opens two locations... one for the locals and another for the downtown tourist crowd. 

• Like 1

If they are referring to the new steakhouse at this location it’s called “Handcut”, Hall’s could own it but i was at the opening party the other night. It’s gonna be very tourist driven with a live music stage and everything.

if anyone is thinking of trying it was mediocre at best, definitely worth going to own of the other steakhouses in town.

Edited by Brichar4

I just do not bother to go to any of these new high-end downtown chain restaurants. It is normally a complete waste of time and money. Even the mid-price crap like Shake Shack needs to pack up and go back to NYC. One of the top 10 worst restaurant experiences I ever had. Most of the time the hype is just that, HYPE. I would much rather try local restaurants. I am a picky eater and hard to please. I will try a place once and may give it a second chance but most of the time not. If they are high dollar and I have a bad experience, you better get it right the first time. 

The problem with hotel restaurants is the have to keep their prices inflated because they normally do not have to foot traffic to maintain a high volume of business. You do not go to a hotel to eat out if you are a local unless it is exceptional. It is not like the old days when Mom & Dad said let's go to HoJos and get a bite to eat.

I always go back to Fifth & Taylor as I have never had a bad meal or experience there.  There are a few other places I like to go. Some of the chains do it right as well, like J Alexanders. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I just do not bother to go to any of these new high-end downtown chain restaurants. It is normally a complete waste of time and money. Even the mid-price crap like Shake Shack needs to pack up and go back to NYC. One of the top 10 worst restaurant experiences I ever had. Most of the time the hype is just that, HYPE. I would much rather try local restaurants. I am a picky eater and hard to please. I will try a place once and may give it a second chance but most of the time not. If they are high dollar and I have a bad experience, you better get it right the first time. 

The problem with hotel restaurants is the have to keep their prices inflated because they normally do not have to foot traffic to maintain a high volume of business. You do not go to a hotel to eat out if you are a local unless it is exceptional. It is not like the old days when Mom & Dad said let's go to HoJos and get a bite to eat.

I always go back to Fifth & Taylor as I have never had a bad meal or experience there.  There are a few other places I like to go. Some of the chains do it right as well, like J Alexanders. 

I tend to agree. Was invited to dinner at Kayne Prime on Saturday night by out-of-town visitors and the food was mediocre and the initial service was awful, although the second server was delightful. One could get a week’s worth of sodium in one sitting. I much prefer other interesting places like Folk, Lockeland Table, Lou and City House.

Edited by chc3
  • Like 3