Marriott Tri-Brand, 21 Stories, 486 Rooms, $137 million

evansnathan

I wonder what John thinks of this, considering is rant that we need more 4-star quality hotels and all.

Nice looking property. At least it will be unique with 3 properties in one building. Looks a lot less conventional than the Hyatt Place or the Hilton Garden Inn. Should be a nice edition. I figure more 4 stars will come. I really want to see the Intercontinental at some point if WES never gets out of the ground which seems doubtful at the point.

I really like the hotel for 6th and KVB. The offset tiered look is pretty bad ass.

• Like 2

Nice looking property. At least it will be unique with 3 properties in one building. Looks a lot less conventional than the Hyatt Place or the Hilton Garden Inn. Should be a nice edition. I figure more 4 stars will come. I really want to see the Intercontinental at some point if WES never gets out of the ground which seems doubtful at the point.

I really like the hotel for 6th and KVB. The offset tiered look is pretty bad ass.

Y'know what would have been awesome? IC Hotel as part of the Bridgestone project. 20 stories of hotel underneath the offices... that seems like a missed opportunity.

• Like 3

Question for clarification.... This proposal sits on half of what I consider to be a block that will contain this tri-brand hotel and the Holiday Inn in the back corner.  So will the Canopy go in at the other corner at KVB (just to the east of Northpoint's)?  

so, ron, you know something about other projects but are not quite ready to share, but, it is definitely not about the hilton conopy.  is this the correct interpretation of you the last 2 days? :shades:

Some of it is knowing and some of it is my spidy sense that tends to be right on.

It is time for SoBro to shine..

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Good news from the Nashville Post:  

"Atlanta-based North Point Hospitality will go before the Metro Planning Commission on Thursday, June 9, to request various aerial and underground encroachments related to its tri-branded Marriott hotel building planned for SoBro. The building will be located at the southeast corner of Korean Veterans Boulevard and Fifth Avenue South."

With the demand for hotel rooms more pronounced than ever, I don't think they can build this fast enough.  And honestly, if they could get the height variance, they should look at adding another 250 rooms (thus taking it up to about 30 stories).  

Edited by markhollin

Northpoint announces they have full funding for this project. From NBJ:  http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/04/developer-lands-loan-to-build-huge-marriott-hotel.html.  Ooops.... for some reason, I clicked on "unread" and came to Smeagolsfree reply to this very same news.  Should have been more observant.  Please delete this one. 

Edited by MLBrumby