Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GRDadof3

GRForward Findings

3 posts in this topic

This is chocked full of some good stuff. Anything catch anyone's attention particularly? The transformation imagery (before and after) of some of the streets like Market Ave is striking. And the trail areas North of where the Canal Street Park ends is cool.

http://www.slideshare.net/GRForward/gr-forward-april-public-forum?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fgrforward.org%2F

We are absolutely underutilizing the river, and I'm hopeful that many of the rivers edge ideas can be implemented. I still think development can be implemented as a part of the plans for the riverfront north of Michigan St.  I know we all hate the "game change" moniker, but the river really would be THE game changer IMO.

The interchange park is intriguing. I like the general idea of cleaning up/utilizing spaces around expressway overpasses/underpasses.  Most people avoid those areas, and as we know, in many cases they are barriers preventing cross connections, real or perceived.  

The Ionia liner park/bike path is interesting.  The stretch north of Michigan really is a waste of space.   This would be a great direct connection from Downtown to the Creston neighborhood that is getting hot.

Heartside park is also underutilized, and I like the idea of making it more of a destination and connection to developments to the south.

Edited by mpchicago

We are absolutely underutilizing the river, and I'm hopeful that many of the rivers edge ideas can be implemented. I still think development can be implemented as a part of the plans for the riverfront north of Michigan St.  I know we all hate the "game change" moniker, but the river really would be THE game changer IMO.

The interchange park is intriguing. I like the general idea of cleaning up/utilizing spaces around expressway overpasses/underpasses.  Most people avoid those areas, and as we know, in many cases they are barriers preventing cross connections, real or perceived.  

The Ionia liner park/bike path is interesting.  The stretch north of Michigan really is a waste of space.   This would be a great direct connection from Downtown to the Creston neighborhood that is getting hot.

Heartside park is also underutilized, and I like the idea of making it more of a destination and connection to developments to the south.

I thought the changes to Heartside Park were awesome. The ramp down from Wealthy Street is a cool touch.