Downtown High Point

cityboi

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 8:17 PM, KJHburg said:

Some quick drive by photos of downtown High Point.  (and a few of High Point University which just looks incredible)

IMG_6925.JPG

This building has incredible handrails in it.  There's two divided showrooms, one lighter and one darker in color scheme.  They both have ultra tight twist helix stairs with glass railing.  Those lead up a few levels where it combines into a much wider monumental helical stair with a very elaborate metal rail.   Stunning design.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 5:05 PM, DCB said:

I really feel like downtown High Point is weirdly cursed by having the Furniture Market. On one hand it keeps everything occupied and maintained as furniture showrooms , but on the other it means there's almost no space for restaurants and stores. 

exactly.   Maybe with the new job growth in the region with Boom Supersonic and others including the Toyota battery plant more residential will come downtown that would be the most important thing and everything else will follow.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

exactly.   Maybe with the new job growth in the region with Boom Supersonic and others including the Toyota battery plant more residential will come downtown that would be the most important thing and everything else will follow.  

There are a couple small apartment buildings being built right now. There are plans for a hotel which should also be helpful. The food hall will also help...

Basically pieces are starting to come together. 10 more years could see the north side of downtown looking very different. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

High Point approves incentives for Dive Bar downtown

A company with two arcade-themed taverns is seeking incentives to open at 312 N. Elm St. in High Point across the street from Truist Point Stadium.

The "barcade," which will offers pool tables, pinball, darts, Skee Ball and arcade games, is expected to be open across from Truist Point by the end of the year.........

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/news/2023/05/16/dive-bar-high-point-approves-incentives.html

• Like 1

Not downtown but in the Eastchester area

Zoning OK’d for Eastchester project

• By PAT KIMBROUGH ENTERPRISE STAFF WRITER
  •  
    • 14 hrs ago
    •  
      •  

HIGH POINT — A north High Point commercial corridor is primed for a major mixed-use project after gaining a key city approval.

The City Council this week unanimously approved a rezoning request from Deep River Partners to support development of up to 850 apartments, as well as commercial uses, on a 54.8-acre site on the east side of N.C. 68 (Eastchester Drive) between Piedmont Parkway and Regency Drive..............

https://www.hpenews.com/news/zoning-ok-d-for-eastchester-project/article_8d8a2831-4fa1-5e90-a167-e7f776ebacbc.html

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rancenc said:

Not downtown but in the Eastchester area

Zoning OK’d for Eastchester project

• By PAT KIMBROUGH ENTERPRISE STAFF WRITER
  •  
    • 14 hrs ago
    •  
      •  

HIGH POINT — A north High Point commercial corridor is primed for a major mixed-use project after gaining a key city approval.

The City Council this week unanimously approved a rezoning request from Deep River Partners to support development of up to 850 apartments, as well as commercial uses, on a 54.8-acre site on the east side of N.C. 68 (Eastchester Drive) between Piedmont Parkway and Regency Drive..............

https://www.hpenews.com/news/zoning-ok-d-for-eastchester-project/article_8d8a2831-4fa1-5e90-a167-e7f776ebacbc.html

I feel like the number of apartments in this project keeps going up and up. I thought it was (a still large) 600 or so units before. Now perhaps 850?

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, rancenc said:

New taproom coming to outside of downtown High Point!

https://news.yahoo.com/taproom-project-advances-231700940.html

This has been in the works for about a year now but all I had heard was the name. Ever since Horigan's went under I've been hoping for a self-serve beer place (something more low-key than ROAR at least). The name had me suspecting this might be their plan and I'm glad its confirmed! And this place is less than 10 min from me (vs 20-25 to Horigan's and ROAR).

Edited by HRVT
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...