Atlanta Off-Topic

Spartan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the profile is officially finished, it's passed the five-day mark (which is the limit to which you can edit things).

I mentioned this in the profile, but I'd like to thank Spartan for pinning the topic.

My next profile will be on Chicago...expect in about a week.

I read somewhere that atlanta has one of the largest 4th of July Parades in the nation...any truth to that?

I'll probably be in Atlanta to watch it. Any advice on where to go to see it, where to park, anything else I should know?

By the way, Spartan, why'd you add that "I am the original Spartan" into your sig?

Was it just nervousness because he was on the job for just a few months?  Or is he incomptent?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's funny you mentioned jb, because I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere else. He did see very "off". My kid noticed it, too. We chalked it up to maybe he's just not a good public person, nervous, or emotional...

It was really strange when in mid-sentence, he would just sort of blank out. I haven't seen much of him myself, so I really just tried to assume the best (above).

Just for the record, my birthday is tomorrow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me be the first to tell you...............

Happy Birthday Ironchapman!!!!!!!! :D

I wish you many many many more happy birthdays.

I checked your photobucket pictures.....your city pictures are great. I have a few years on you so don't take this the wrong way buuuuuut I checked your personal picture also and you are soooooooooooooo handsome. B)

If you are still near that age group then I am very impressed by your intelligence. If you are some years older, I am still very impressed by your mind. :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work and have a great birthday.

Did anyone here hear about the Church of Chapel Hills in Douglas County being set on fire, vandalized (several windows were broken), and the anti-religion and anti-gov't symbols that were carved and sprayed throughout the church's grounds? They have made one arrest for the crime.

I live just down the street from this building, and the suspect tehy arrested graduated from my high school.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who remember (and miss) Kozmo.com, there's a new-ish service in Atlanta called Zifty. They deliver the same kinds of goods as Kozmo: DVDs, video games, food drinks, personal items. They also do restaurant delivery from restaurants like Nickiemoto's and Fuego. Currently, they only deliver to these Zip Codes: 30303, 30305, 30306, 30307, 30308, 30309, 30312, 30313, 30314, 30316, 30317, 30318, 30322, 30324, 30329, and 30332. I hear they're expanding as well. I hope they expand all the way to NC... I really miss Kozmo.

For those of you who remember (and miss) Kozmo.com, there's a new-ish service in Atlanta called Zifty. They deliver the same kinds of goods as Kozmo: DVDs, video games, food drinks, personal items. They also do restaurant delivery from restaurants like Nickiemoto's and Fuego. Currently, they only deliver to these Zip Codes: 30303, 30305, 30306, 30307, 30308, 30309, 30312, 30313, 30314, 30316, 30317, 30318, 30322, 30324, 30329, and 30332. I hear they're expanding as well. I hope they expand all the way to NC... I really miss Kozmo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Crap...they don't deliver to my ZIP Code (30135)

My lazy wife & I have been using Zifty for most of this year, and maybe even some of last year - I forget. It's great on the weekends when we're feeling lazy & just want to veg out all day - did that yesterday, I got a chimi from Acupolco Cafe (?) & my wife got some grocery items.

Thank you Girly for this heads up.....I definitely will patronize this shop and I will pass the word out also.

Ironman, don't feel left out hun, they don't do 30327 or 30097 either. *wiping tear from eye*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't worry, I probably would use it anyways.

I live just a few miles (6, I believe) from Arbor Place Mall, a Sam's Club, Walmart, Target, Circuit City, Best Buy, and several other stores like that, so it's easier for me just to use them.

I love the old Suntrust building. That's one of my favorites. I hope Piebar stays around long enough for me to visit. :)

More retail news: I hear West Elm, the Williams-Sonoma furniture store, will be opening soon at Atlantic Station. It will be the first in the SE. Atlanta retail gets better all the time!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right...........I heard that also. I love the kitchen and I love cooking with family around. They always have great pieces for cooking. It's always good to have choices. The more different stores that come to Atlanta, the better the prices become. I tell you though, the shopping at Atlantic Station is definitely going towards the trendy. I'm surprised that JCrew isn't opening there....although Banana Republic is.

Archived