Atlanta Off-Topic

Spartan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, school starts back over here in Douglas County in about 8 1/2 hours, so I guess I better say good night.

I still think August 1st is too early to begin school (why not at least 1 week later)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's too early also.

My eldest goes back August 19th.

I know you will have a great year this year. You are such a smart young man with a bright bright future. Go get some rest because tomorrow is the big dayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Have a great Monday! :thumbsup:

Well, I'm getong "MySQL error" messages whenever I tyr to enter some of the forums here. ANyone else getting this?

Any ideas as to what caused this?

What specific page (give me a link to it) are you getting the error(s)?

What specific page (give me a link to it) are you getting the error(s)?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I only got that message for about ten minutes. I came back later and it was up and running again.

Just for the record, I had trouble getting to the "Urban Discussion" page...that's the only one I can remember.

It's the same issue that you had to shut the site a few weeks ago for.

• 2 weeks later...

Btw has anyone esle seen the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (no its not just for kids) :blush:

Anyway, if you haven't you'll be happy to know that one of the obnoxious kids in the story is from your Atlanta, GA and they even show a typical suburban subdivision.

I'd like to see it sometime. Are you saying that one of the characters in the updated version is from Atlanta? That'll be an interesting thing to see.

What'd you think of the movie?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I liked it. Its pretty funny...of course nothing is like the original and I think Johnny Depp as Willie Wonka was a little too wierd and eccentric.

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in going up to the observation deck of the Westin Peachtree Plaza. Do I need to make any prior arrangements (call ahead and make some sort of reservation or something like that), or can I just show up at the front desk with $5 in hand and expect to go up it that day?

2 new store openings at Phipps: Tory by TRB and Intermix. Tory is a store by designer/socialite Tory Burch. I'm still trying to figure out why Tory is a fashion designer. Not that she is awful at it. It's like P. Diddy being a fashion designer. I just don't understand it. Intermix is one of my favorite stores. They carry trendy ready to wear clothes and accessories from lines like Chloe, Balenciaga, etc.

The reason I posted this is because neither of these stores open in very many cities. So, Atlanta getting them is quite impressive from a fashion standpoint. Tory is open now and Intermix opens next month. Phipps has become quite an impressive mall. With Barneys Co-Op, Jimmy Choo, Anne Fontaine, Tahari and the boutique Nordstrom opening this year, it has become truly "posh". (Nordstrom isn't normally posh, but the new concept store at Phipps is more in taht direction.) I'm amazed at the changes Simon has made this year. The Saks remodeling is going well, too.

2 new store openings at Phipps: Tory by TRB and Intermix. Tory is a store by designer/socialite Tory Burch. I'm still trying to figure out why Tory is a fashion designer. Not that she is awful at it. It's like P. Diddy being a fashion designer. I just don't understand it. Intermix is one of my favorite stores. They carry trendy ready to wear clothes and accessories from lines like Chloe, Balenciaga, etc.

The reason I posted this is because neither of these stores open in very many cities. So, Atlanta getting them is quite impressive from a fashion standpoint. Tory is open now and Intermix opens next month. Phipps has become quite an impressive mall. With Barneys Co-Op, Jimmy Choo, Anne Fontaine, Tahari and the boutique Nordstrom opening this year, it has become truly "posh". (Nordstrom isn't normally posh, but the new concept store at Phipps is more in taht direction.) I'm amazed at the changes Simon has made this year. The Saks remodeling is going well, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the information Girly. I will go to Phipps tomorrow. I have always loved Phipps since it's remoldeling many years ago. The grand staircase in the center is a nice touch. I used to go alot when I was in my Jil Sander mode....don't ask. Lenox is great too but it's soooooo touristy. I feel like I'm in a tourist destination.

Porsche North America calls Atlanta home....well actually Sandy Springs since it's headquarters is across the street from the Concourse....and now we are being considered for Audi North America.

Audi considers moving U.S. base to Atlanta.

While 150 high paid executives in Atlanta is not a whole bunch, it's good to know that Atlanta is still being considered as a city for relocation.

Wooooooo Hooooooooo! B)

The reason is that this thread is pinned and the other is not.

We need to get some coordinated effort going on here as there is a good deal of unnecessary duplication.

We have two projects threads and 3 if you count the "next wave." ironchapman, how is the directory coming along? are you finished with it?

I have renamed a few of the pinned threads, so hopefully it will better direct peopel to the correct information.

If y'all want to go a separate thread for news that is fine, but most of what we consider news at UP are usually new projects or developments. I will leave it up to y'all to decide how that will work out. But lets pick one thread and go with it. I can rename the thread as necessary to make it clear where things should go.

The reason is that this thread is pinned and the other is not.

We need to get some coordinated effort going on here as there is a good deal of unnecessary duplication.

The reason is, the Atlanta forum gets a fair amount of participation, but it is greatly irregular.The only 4 out of the 10/12 that regularly post here that seem to show a good bit of coordination and cooperation amongst themselves are teshadoh, Lady Celeste, Martinman, and myself.

We have two projects threads and 3 if you count the "next wave." ironchapman, how is the directory coming along? are you finished with it?
I am quite honestly overwhelmed and embarassed by that thread. Overwhelmed because I have soooo many other things to do in my life, there is too little time for me to really research this information right now. I am embarassed because of it's lack of "completion and the fact that building stats are not necessarily my forte (history, geography, and facts are what I deal best with).

I have renamed a few of the pinned threads, so hopefully it will better direct peopel to the correct information.

f y'all want to go a separate thread for news that is fine, but most of what we consider news at UP are usually new projects or developments.

All I want is to make this forum the best it can be. I've felt something of a special connection to it since the current Atlanta forum was somewhat a result of my proposal for a new one. As a result, I go around looking for ideas throughout several forums hereand other places.mApparently, not much interest must be shown in several of these ideas.

I'd really like to keep that news thread going, but no one really seems to contribute to it except for myself. I often wonder why no one leaves a comment on it or even contribute a headline I looked over or from another Atlanta paper that I didn't read.

How Successful was this year's 99X presents Downtown Rocks series? I went to the Crossfade show and it was packed although it began to rain during the finale. I post a pic below, it was pretty packed but not as much as it had been for Peach Drop 2005 (but that's a whole different level of event).

432bb403a2258.jpg

Hey guys I live in Orlando and kind of wanted some insight about the midtown area and the 1280west condo. Is this a conversion? About a year ago I bought in our downtown and then all this development starting started happening and it's turned out to be a great investment. I am considering an investment over there.I was wondering what kind of neighborhood it was or whatever you can share.

Archived