Atlanta Off-Topic

Spartan

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, the Gold Club is back in the news yet once again.

This once infamous club refuses to go away it seems.

On a development aspect, what happened to the plans for the 20 story condo tower at the site of the old Gold Club next to Lindbergh? I know that the church that took over the space left in the summer of 2004 to free up plans for construction of the condo. From what I hear, dirt still hasn't turned. Was this a long long term plan?

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Braves!!!!!!

Bobby Cox and all the coaching staff are a great asset to the Braves organization. The players have a drive that is fascinating. Congrats to the Braves and here's too a great and productive post season.

Since you are such a big fan of the Braves, have you seen this article in the AJC about Bobby Cox and the rookies. Bobby Cox is such a great manager. Our Braves are very fortunate to have him as their manager. The article itslef just serves as proof that age does necessarily not dampen your skills in something.

The Braves, you mean?

Well, I guess we gotta root for the home team. You've got FSU, we've got the Braves. :)

I like the Braves and the Cubs myself. My dad is a huge fan of the Cubs because they were the only team that he could listen to their games on the radio to when he was a kid in the 1940's.

Ah how I love Sundays in the Atlanta forum. it always seems to be so active on Sundays.

Hey everyone!

According to this article I just found, the Sugar Bowl will be coming here this year. Next year, however, it will be moving back to Lousisana unless circumstances forbid it.

This is an exciting piece of news for a football fan like myself to hear such a prestigious bowl game is headed for Atlanta.

^Sad to hear that.

The weather I can understand, but if it takes a new stadium to convince them to come here, then I say let them take the Super Bowl somewhere else. I like the Georgia Dome a bit too much for that.

You know, it would be nice to see it held somewhere outside of the Sunbelt cities, though.

But, the reason I'm postingf here is because I found an interesting article in the AJC about Midtown's apartments.

Richard Thomas, the owner of the R. Thomas restaurants and KFC exec and founder of the Bojangles, seems to enjoy his new Midtown apartment. He says he loves it so much that he doesn't really feel the need to go anywhere at night. He decided to move here as a bit of a change of house after his wife died a few years ago.

The Article

Just an interesting read on how Midtown's apartments are thought of by some.

Attention all Chiquita lovers out there!

Chiquita has become interested in moving its HQ from Cincinnati to Atlanta. Also beingconsidered for te HQ is South Florida. Ofcourse, Cincy has been negotiating to try and keep the company. They say the reason they are considering Atlanta is because many comapny executives often fly through the Atlanta airport on their way to Latin America, where most of the company's jobs are.

We shall know if they will be moving here in about a month.

AJC Article

Of course, you can prbably guess that I am excited about this.

Perhaps they could occupy the 191 Peachree building :P

atlanta13.jpg

Attention all Chiquita lovers out there!

Chiquita has become interested in moving its HQ from Cincinnati to Atlanta. Also beingconsidered for te HQ is South Florida. Ofcourse, Cincy has been negotiating to try and keep the company. They say the reason they are considering Atlanta is because many comapny executives often fly through the Atlanta airport on their way to Latin America, where most of the company's jobs are.

Does this mean that I will finally be able to get quality bananas around here? I am so tired of them being bruised and too ripe the next day. I never had this problem in Savannah. (Where I moved from).

Just read this somewhere.

That new college in Gwinnett County is to be called Georgia Gwinnett College. (for those interested)

Hmm...

Jeff Francoeur College sounds better...:P

Lets see its in gwinnett and is a part of the University system of the state of GA. WOW thats clever!

Do we SUCK at naming things or what. The Georgia Dome, Georgia aquarium, Atlanta/Fulton County stadium.

-_-

Do we SUCK at naming things or what. The Georgia Dome, Georgia aquarium, Atlanta/Fulton County stadium.

-_-

Though I see the what you mean with the GA Dome and Atlanta/Fulton County Stadium, the Georgia Aquarium makes sense to me. Several states name their main auariums after the state (ex: Tennessee Auarium, NC Aquarium, SC Aquarium)

Or perhaps you wanted something more original. What would you have called them?

Georgia Gwinnett College does sound pitiful, though.

Though I see the what you mean with the GA Dome and Atlanta/Fulton County Stadium, the Georgia Aquarium makes sense to me. Several states name their main auariums after the state (ex: Tennessee Auarium, NC Aquarium, SC Aquarium)

Or perhaps you wanted something more original. What would you have called them?

Georgia Gwinnett College does sound pitiful, though.

I'm just cranky. But it just seems kinda boring that everything is Ga or Atlanta whatever. I just find names like The Shedd Aquarium or Turner Field more appealing than the Chicago Aquarium or Fulton County Stadium.

Georgia Gwinnett College is lame though.

Does this mean that I will finally be able to get quality bananas around here? I am so tired of them being bruised and too ripe the next day. I never had this problem in Savannah. (Where I moved from).

Where in the world do you shop?

You should always buy your bananas with a tad bit if green on them if you are buying a large amount...unless you are going to use them immediately for a banana bread or banana pudding recipe. If you are having a problem finding quality bananas or produce I would definitely shoot a letter (email) off to corporate headquarters. I would not accept substandard produce.

Where in the world do you shop?

You should always buy your bananas with a tad bit if green on them if you are buying a large amount...unless you are going to use them immediately for a banana bread or banana pudding recipe. If you are having a problem finding quality bananas or produce I would definitely shoot a letter (email) off to corporate headquarters. I would not accept substandard produce.

The Kroger off Moreland. And I do buy them green!

I've also had this problem at the Publix off North Ave and Piedmont. Since it's convenient.. but that place is horrible for just about everything.

Janet Frankston of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is leaving Atlanta. See the later part of this post:

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

I happen to agree with Dirt-e Old Man on this one. This will be a loss for those of us who follow development issues and want unbiased reporting. This may explain why the AJC cancelled the Horizon section.

All the same, I wish her well in her future endeavors.

Archived