Brooklyn Village Redevelopment in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So the bids have come in for the City's I-277 Parcel #1 (this is the land bordered by the Westin, Stonewall, and Caldwell)

The one on top is Crescent with a $10M bid for the land. This goes to City Council for approval on Monday and then it is open to be outbid. Interesting to note that Portman and MacCompany also bid on the property but City Council chose Crescent.

Anyone have insight into this...is this a seperate project from the one on Tryon or is Crescent looking to move down the street?

So the bids have come in for the City's I-277 Parcel #1 (this is the land bordered by the Westin, Stonewall, and Caldwell)

The one on top is Crescent with a $10M bid for the land. This goes to City Council for approval on Monday and then it is open to be outbid. Interesting to note that Portman and MacCompany also bid on the property but City Council chose Crescent.

Anyone have insight into this...is this a seperate project from the one on Tryon or is Crescent looking to move down the street?

Or perhaps Crescent is looking to develop two different things? Crescent owns the land the Goodyear is on right? This is the land that sketchy night club or whatever it is, is on right?

That's a great parcel; I wouldn't be surprised to see them sit on it and keep it for later?

Unless there is certain language about developing it within XYZ time (which we all know Doesn't mean anything)

I have a hard time imagining them doing 2 transforming projects

Edit; I still think Stonewall has potential to be an excellent retail oriented street

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

I would be REALLY curious to see what Crescent's was then... I'm not upset about MacCompanies' proposal not being chosen, mostly because I think there is a lot of wasted space there, but would have to guess that it wasn't as grand of a proposal either. Still would like a full service Hyatt in uptown though. 

Out of curiosity, what is to hate about the street level? You can barely tell lol

It's a giant plaza set way back (it appears).

It's bad enough the convention center, Westin & even NASCAR aren't that great facing Stonewall.

I just don't know how I feel about Crescent at the moment

I actually love it. But i'd make one change. Under the massive cantilever Right on the corner of the street I'd add a triangular retail building. That way there would be an interior section that could be the plaza everyone things is so wonderful.

Out of curiosity, what is to hate about the street level? You can barely tell lol

As AirNostrumMAD said, yeah I'm not a fan of another giant plaza in that area... Not that pedestrian activity is hot in that area as it is, but for future surrounding projects.

Tower crane is up for Fountains Uptown (Stonewall and McDowell project). 

I don't know about the MacCompanies project.  While its sort of cool, that area is so poor with pedestrian traffic this will be the death nail. 

I suspect is Crescent wins this, they develop a hotel on this site first and it delays the Tryon (Goodyear) project.

Moderator note:

Since Crescent decided to split their planned projects at the Good Year site across two parcels, it will be far easier to discuss them together in a single thread topic.     It would otherwise obviously be discussed in this thread, but for simplicity, I have consolidated that discussion to here:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php/topic/35729-tryon-place-crescent-multiple-mixed-use-stonewall-projects/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...