Brooklyn Village Redevelopment in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

Remember when Embassy Suites was in the news for "breaking ground"...

Because nothing has happened there...at all.

I didn't really have a problem with the current design, its not great but its not terrible. But what I really have a problem with is this project taking so long. We need hotel rooms. LETS GO!

Edited by Jayvee

Hopefully we will see an urban facade (clearly they don't have the footprint like the renderings above), and the Design Option III features are described as: "The design features a variety of side-by-side suites, shotgun suites and one-room suites in addition to a contemporary atrium area, decreasing the amount of land needed for a new-build project and creating efficiencies for both construction and operational costs. These features also further enhance the guest experience, as there is a great sense of space and more natural light in guest rooms and public areas like the atrium..."

http://www.meetingsfocus.com/Magazines/ArticleDetails/tabid/136/RegionID/236/ArticleID/23860/Default.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/09/work-begins-on-250-room-embassy-suites-uptown.html

Didn't we get the renderings like 2 years ago originally then a slightly, slightly modified version with 2 extra floors?

Or did they completey change designs?

quick biz journal article on the Embassy Suites....no renderings unfortunately :(

Yeah I was more or less just looking for finalized design. It seems to have changed a bunch and I don't think we have seen the final product.

We have definitely seen final product, its a few pages back.