atlrvr

Brooklyn Village Redevelopment in 2nd Ward

lets hope that they are doing some design modifications..... That thing looks seriously terrible. The first rendering released was not bad at all but the current one is sooooooo bad.

Remember when Embassy Suites was in the news for "breaking ground"...

Because nothing has happened there...at all.

I didn't really have a problem with the current design, its not great but its not terrible. But what I really have a problem with is this project taking so long. We need hotel rooms. LETS GO!

Edited by Jayvee

Has there been any recent update on the Embassy Suites uptown? I forgot when that is supposed to break ground, cause there is definitely no activity on the site.

Fencing was going up at the Embassy Suites site this morning.

• Like 2

I've read a couple time that this Embassy Suites is supposed to be their Design Option III, which is all a variant off the design below. Slightly different sizes, but the same aesthetic.

EmbassySuitesKennesawRendering_zps037a36

Unknown_zps9d5c9a65.jpeg

Unknown-1_zpse44ff7ff.jpeg

I've read a couple time that this Embassy Suites is supposed to be their Design Option III, which is all a variant off the design below. Slightly different sizes, but the same aesthetic.

EmbassySuitesKennesawRendering_zps037a36

Unknown_zps9d5c9a65.jpeg

Unknown-1_zpse44ff7ff.jpeg

Horrific

Fencing was going up at the Embassy Suites site this morning.

Looks like they almost are done permitting.  Most of the trade approvals have been approved in the last few days.

I have a hard time believing anything like the suburban design above is being considered after the 2 actual site renderings we've seen, even though the first was better than the second. I wouldn't get the pitchforks out just yet until we hear something more official. 

• Like 1

Hopefully we will see an urban facade (clearly they don't have the footprint like the renderings above), and the Design Option III features are described as: "The design features a variety of side-by-side suites, shotgun suites and one-room suites in addition to a contemporary atrium area, decreasing the amount of land needed for a new-build project and creating efficiencies for both construction and operational costs. These features also further enhance the guest experience, as there is a great sense of space and more natural light in guest rooms and public areas like the atrium..."

http://www.meetingsfocus.com/Magazines/ArticleDetails/tabid/136/RegionID/236/ArticleID/23860/Default.aspx

Those renderings make me cringe. Would loved to have seen something more in line with the Embassy Suites in downtown Denver here. 

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/colorado/embassy-suites-denver-downtown-convention-center-DENESES/about/index.html

Honestly it will look more like the one in denver than the ones that are pictured above.

Not only is the fencing up at the Embassy Suites site, but the excavator has now appeared:

MLK_zps2754ca7f.jpg

Edited by JoshuaDrown
  • Like 2

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/blog/real_estate/2014/09/work-begins-on-250-room-embassy-suites-uptown.html

Didn't we get the renderings like 2 years ago originally then a slightly, slightly modified version with 2 extra floors?

Or did they completey change designs?

quick biz journal article on the Embassy Suites....no renderings unfortunately :(

Yeah I was more or less just looking for finalized design. It seems to have changed a bunch and I don't think we have seen the final product.

Yeah I was more or less just looking for finalized design. It seems to have changed a bunch and I don't think we have seen the final product.

We have definitely seen final product, its a few pages back.

We have definitely seen final product, its a few pages back.

Oh, I thought that was another re-design subject to change....in that case ew, that sucks.

Oh, I thought that was another re-design subject to change....in that case ew, that sucks.

Its an embassy suites, not a westin. I think we are lucky to get what we are getting.

• Like 1

Its an embassy suites, not a westin. I think we are lucky to get what we are getting.

lol fair enough. plus 250 mid/upper scale rooms is a good add to uptown