Brooklyn Village Redevelopment in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

So there's this.......remodel of 300 S Brevard Renderings....not bad, all the glass on the ground is great and the light rail side looks nice in the glossy rendering. This has got to be where the Observer will go.

300 South Brevard [new lobby].jpg

300 South Brevard [light rail facing].jpg

300 S Brevard.png

Wow. I really didn't think this building could get any worse, but they've managed to do it. Not only are they removing the ONE retail space along the "Brevard Street retail corridor" (Lola's), they are removing the plaza, accompanying outdoor seating, and adding what appears to be a service entrance!

The only pro's for this project are that the main entry shifts to Brevard St and the architecture is actually improving (even though it looks like a generic South Park midrise).

EDIT: After looking at the renderings more, I see that they are preserving the Lola's space, but not taking advantage of the opportunity to expand retail in the building.

Edited by Spartan

Wow. I really didn't think this building could get any worse, but they've managed to do it. Not only are they removing the ONE retail space along the "Brevard Street retail corridor" (Lola's), they are removing the plaza, accompanying outdoor seating, and adding what appears to be a service entrance!

The only pro's for this project are that the main entry shifts to Brevard St and the architecture is actually improving (even though it looks like a generic South Park midrise).

EDIT: After looking at the renderings more, I see that they are preserving the Lola's space, but not taking advantage of the opportunity to expand retail in the building.

They are putting in 22,000 sq feet of retail. I think you are mistaken.

With space uptown dwindling Im surprised that a building this small and this so out of place would even be considered.  The poster is right, this belongs in SouthPark or at least outside of 277. Council must be accepting anything that gets thrown at them. Charlotte is not a desperate city and something better would have come along.

With space uptown dwindling Im surprised that a building this small and this so out of place would even be considered.  The poster is right, this belongs in SouthPark or at least outside of 277. Council must be accepting anything that gets thrown at them. Charlotte is not a desperate city and something better would have come along.

The building already exists (it is just a refurb).  Pretty sure we are not at that point of saturation to be blowing up 350k sf buildings uptown to build new ones. 

Edited by InSouthPark
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I rode my bike by it the other day and truly admired the infill scale it has. It looks great and looks massive without actually being massive. I am a big fan of this project. 

As for the retail they've actually had a lot of interest in it. They're pushing it on the strength of development of the Stonewall corridor and proximity to Amelie's. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stumbled across these guys this afternoon in the parking lot of the ugly AT&T building at Davidson and 6th (from 300 S Brevard). They would look great in my backyard!

globe and dude.jpg

dude.jpg

I am always messing up this parcel but I _think_ there is a new sign on the Stonewall parcel adjacent to Camden Grandview. Looks like the originally discussed apartment project is dead.

lot.jpg