Brooklyn Village Redevelopment in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does someone recall what the total investment by the city was when they reconfigured the roads to create the parcels? My recollection is $20 mil, but that may just have been the debt and it may have included some of the Nascar HOF costs, As far as land sales, I believe these are the totals - 

$10.3 mil - Crescent

$14.2 mil - NR

$4.1 mil Camden

$4.1 mil Proffit Dixon (adjacent to actors theater)

$3.8 mil - Proffit Dixon (McDowell)

$36.5 mil total

I'm trying to find that out now. But in case anyone wanted to see the Planning frame work for this project, here is the original PDF to look through. Its pretty informative. 

http://ww.charmeck.org/Planning/Land%20Use%20Planning/I-277_LandDevelopment_Framework.pdf

but LOL at whoever the architects that thought this crap up was.

Screen_Shot_2016-02-29_at_9.52.00_AM.thu

Good to see the cross section of the street infrastructure. This is exactly what i would want.

56d45c74be53c_ScreenShot2016-02-29at9.53

5 hours ago, Prodev said:

Does someone recall what the total investment by the city was when they reconfigured the roads to create the parcels? My recollection is $20 mil, but that may just have been the debt and it may have included some of the Nascar HOF costs, As far as land sales, I believe these are the totals - 

$10.3 mil - Crescent

$14.2 mil - NR

$4.1 mil Camden

$4.1 mil Proffit Dixon (adjacent to actors theater)

$3.8 mil - Proffit Dixon (McDowell)

$36.5 mil total

This article says it was a $21.4 million dollar project and NCDOT would be paid $5 million once the land was sold. Its not a very specific article. Net proceeds for the project were planned to pay off one portion of the HOF debt.

http://www.modbee.com/sports/nascar-auto-racing/article3092524.html

11 hours ago, cjolley92 said:

This is the Embassy Suites at the corner of MLK & Caldwell (not Stonewall).

I was last in Charlotte just before X-mas, and didn't notice it then.  This building has a handsome street presence.  Thanks! 

On 3/4/2016 at 9:21 AM, go_vertical said:

I'm not a huge fan of the building itself (it's ok, not great), but I do like how it steps out taking advantage of the slight curve there at the intersection. Adds just a little bit of visual interest.

That's a good point.  The hotel's projection along the curve on MLK is an appealing feature.  I also like the robin's egg blue coloring on the stepped-out section; makes a nice juxtaposition against the cream colored brick or concrete and the vertical sliver of chocolate-colored stairwell.  Have seen several articles in Charlotte Agenda that lament the overuse of "beige" in Charlotte, especially on residential apartment buildings, so it's nice to see the light blue coloring choice here.  Also, as a guy whose enthralled with the QC, it's genuinely gratifying to see the metamorphosis of a former surface parking lot into a new hotel.  I'll be in Charlotte in about a week and a half visiting my brother, and hope to see this building then.