Brooklyn Village Redevelopment in 2nd Ward

atlrvr

14 minutes ago, RANYC said:

Why the name-calling?:tw_joy:  Why do speculative differences have to be so truculent and callous?  OK, you doubt the project will happen, or if it does, will be slow to get off the ground...got it!  But not enough to just state your piece...the other side must be "delusional."  

Not sure I see any name calling myself.   Didn't you yourself just write something about "twitter museum"?

31 minutes ago, Windsurfer said:

Not sure I see any name calling myself.   Didn't you yourself just write something about "twitter museum"?

So that I'm clear, you're equating calling a social media page a history of Charlotte, to calling PEOPLE who disagree with your conjectures - Delusional?

One is referencing an inanimate digital space as a place of historical archival

the other is referencing actual people as symptomatic of a mental condition

Edited by RANYC

Is the infrastructure work taking place at Stonewall and McDowell strictly related to the Brooklyn Redevelopment Project by Peebles, or was this infrastructure work already planned and in motion and would have happened irrespective of larger development plans?

Great question. My understanding is, it’s being done by the group who won the bid, so Peebles. It is being done in conjunction with getting the site ready for the large scale development. But I have no idea who is paying for it. It might be the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Every major periodical, including the WSJ, has written about Peebles' and Witkoff's tower.  Today, Architectural Digest published this.  The NY tower is very real.  I think that Peebles will do a good job at BV if he has a powerful, local partner like he does in NY.  Since Charlotte, like NY, has a very strong market, I don't see him sitting on BV for too long.   For all we know, he'll plan Charlotte's new tallest like he is in NY, where he will edge out the new 1,646' tall 175 Park Avenue, with his Affirmation Tower topping out at 1,663'.  (Central Park Tower's tallest roof at 1,551' will have a short reign as NY's tallest.)

https://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/affirmation-tower-adjaye-peebles

I don’t think that Peebles can build a new Tallest in Charlotte anywhere on the BV Site due to the Zoning/Development approval that was done long ago.  Someone correct me if I’m wrong…

Edited by Hushpuppy321

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can't see this not happening.  There is so much demand for everything in the QC at the moment, and this is prime land.

There's been demand for everything in the QC for a decade plus and yet here we are discussing whether this will ever happen or not. I feel the scepticism is warranted. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TheRealClayton said:

This site is UMUD, you could absolutely build Charlotte's new tallest, nothing is set in stone with Brooklyn Village, its all very market driven, a general master plan was approved to win the site, but its still very much subject to change.. THAT SAID, any intelligent person can look at the questionable state of commercial real estate, the kind of high rise product that is being pushed in Charlotte, the general health of Uptown Charlotte as a PLACE, and the fact that Charlotte has 280 miles of inner city suburbs with little to no density, and know that a new tallest is decades away.

Oh wow I didn’t realize it had UMUD zoning.  Also - I was bummed out years ago by the small number of Residential promoted within BV on that previously proposed master plan.  I felt the numbers were too low for an Uptown/Inside the I-277 Loop, nice that it is subject to change.  I thought they were locked into that Master Plan.

4 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Oh wow I didn’t realize it had UMUD zoning.  Also - I was bummed out years ago by the small number of Residential promoted within BV on that previously proposed master plan.  I felt the numbers were too low for an Uptown/Inside the I-277 Loop, nice that it is subject to change.  I thought they were locked into that Master Plan.

What I've seen of phase 1, the 277 portion, looks nothing like what was proposed in the master plan.

• Like 1

big change has happened on the BV site since Peebles was named the lead developer.  That being the medical district across the freeway and he can expect a lot overflow from that project.  I still hope a full size grocery store is a part of the plan 

Desperately needed.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

big change has happened on the BV site since Peebles was named the lead developer.  That being the medical district across the freeway and he can expect a lot overflow from that project.  I still hope a full size grocery store is a part of the plan 

A full size grocery store? In addition to the WF, Publix and HT (and Target and TJs just down the street)? What next, a Wegmans at Trade and Tryon? These grocery wars are getting serious...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBS said:

A full size grocery store? In addition to the WF, Publix and HT (and Target and TJs just down the street)? What next, a Wegmans at Trade and Tryon? These grocery wars are getting serious...

I heard a long time ago could be same brand as the Tiny Teeter in 4th Ward. 

• Like 3