Post Broadway

detroitfan

Seriously what's the deal with this building? I can't remember the last time anyone worked on this building. I've heard everything from the contractors built the new addition incorrectly, to the owners ran out of money. It's way more of an eyesore than thr Madison-Lenox ever was.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't understand that building. They sould have just rebuilt it exactly the same way from the ground up. It probably wouldn've been three times cheaper. All they really saved was the steel structure, the marquee, and somewhat damaged interior cinderblock walls.

It's too bad that they couldn't finish the project. We basically traded a perfectly good theater for the shell of part of the theater, a new, unfinished steel frame, and a parking lot. Phase two included a 12 story residential tower on the parking lot next to the steel framework, but for now I'd just be happy to see phase one completed!

Here's a rendering of what it was supposed to look like

broadway1.jpg

Looks like it could have been a fun place, especially with the roof top deck!

I don't know when they started on it but it was originally scheduled to open up in Fall 2002 if that gives you any idea!

After doing a search, I found an article from Crains dated 8/23/2004

New team takes over Post Bar project

A new development team, including Macomb County developer Guy Rizzo, plans to resume construction soon on the long-delayed Post Bar project in the former Madison Theatre. ...

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/cgi-bin/artic...articleId=25403

I don't have a subscription to view the rest of the article. Does anyone else? What do people know about this? It almost sounds like the post hired someone to manage this project as opposed to selling the building. Has anyone seen an article yet about the recent sale of it?

Construction began in summer of 2000.

It is unclear if the new owners plan to complete the project as planned or make changes. They might even pull the whole thing down & put up something entirely new. The steel frame is a few inches out of alignment because it started to sink in the ground, so it wouldn't surprise me if the project was torn down.

Archived