1. 1. Would you live in Willacoochee?

• Yes
    • No
    • No Answer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An interesting thread, I must say.

I guess I could see myself living in Willacoochee. Not for life, from what I know right now, but maybe for a year or two. Would enjoy how much closer it is to the coast it is than Douglasville, my current hometown.

By the way, welcome to the forum, Willacoochee!

Have you been to the Introduce Yourself section of UP? Something tells me that you might enjoy introducing UP to yourself and your hometown.

I have driven through Willacoochee many times. It is indeed a nice town :)

You may want to consider putting that link in your signature so you don't have to type it every time. You can do that by going to the top of this page, and clicking "My Controls" then in that screen look on the left for "Edit Signature" then type in that same text into the signature textbox. Welcome to UrbanPlanet!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It appears to be about 45 miles (give or take a few) N-NE of Valdosta and about 60 miles west of Brunswick on that map (if you were to go in a straight line)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are 30 min east of Tifton, 20 min south of Douglas, 45 min west of Waycross, and 45 min north of Valdosta.

We do have our own zip code.  We are small but not that small.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh ok... I was under the impression you were sharing your zipcode, according to one of your previous posts.

Well its nice to learn so much about this Willacoochie... what are some of your dreams for it?

Oh ok... I was under the impression you were sharing your zipcode, according to one of your previous posts.

Well its nice to learn so much about this Willacoochie... what are some of your dreams for it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

About the zip:

Sorry I gave the wrong impression. We are in the western part of Atkinson County and from Leliaton (unincorporated) to the Berrien County Line is Zip Code 31650. The city and country half of Atkinson County is Zip Code 31650.

My dream for Willacoochee:

I actually wish we could get a more "thriving uptown (downtown)". I wish we could get a teen hangout (by being a teenager), a movie theatre, I actually got a petetion up for a Dairy Queen (failure), I wish we could become the county seat (we are the "primary city in the county"). By being small we have disadvantages, we (Willacoocheeians) have to go to mainly Douglas for shopping. Here we only have A Dollar General, Two Restaurants, A Grocery Store, A Hardware Store, A Bank, Two Gas Stations, A couple of hispanic stores, Two Bars, A Elementary School and that is about it.

Archived