New CVS on Graham St.

I was out of town for about 5 days. When I left, the large "CVS pharmacy" letters had been hung on the building. When I got back they were gone! Anyone know what this is all about? My only guess is that the styling of the signage did not comply with some standard for the area.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, rumor is that Dunkin Donuts is taking the akward looking unfinished space attached to the CVS on Graham......

I'd love it, if it turned out to be true, but they're already stocking the CVS and that other section is just sitting there, with the facade torn off.

UPDATE: According to a very reliable source (a construction worker at the site), the wood frame section that juts out the front of the building will be a Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins store. Looks a bit small (and scary) to for such a franchise, but he and the folks at Gerrard Tire swear it's the truth.

I guess I can look forward to weight gain.

my wife recently discovered dunkin' donuts' coffee... which i guess saves us some starbucks money...

also, that jutting out section is likely plenty large, especially if it is open to the rest.

It seems very comparable to the new ones in south end and on king's. built last year (gosh, they are expanding fast around here... poor kk).

I think DD/BR will do well in fourth ward. Perhaps they will have a walk up window on Hearn Pl. :)

DD is planning to add 60 stores to the Charlotte market over the next couple of year!!!!

I think it would do well there.....I'd certainly get my share.

I just don't understand why KK has fled the urban markets, but I think their store proto-type carries too much overhead as far as that type of business is concerned.

• 4 weeks later...

The CVS opened this morning... Finally, some much needed competition for the uptown Harris Teeter.

The employees did confirm a Dunkin Douhgnuts will be built on the site.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome! thanks for the update. I'm not sure how it is competition for HT.... In fact, if HT can now stop selling some pharmacy merchandise, they could actually sell more groceries and be a better store for it! Also, when stores like that are in the same area, they often lead to more trip-combining, so that might help the uptown HT.

Having that drugstore in 4th ward will keep me uptown for some errands that i might otherwise go to dilworth to do.

Awesome! thanks for the update.  I'm not sure how it is competition for HT.... In fact, if HT can now stop selling some pharmacy merchandise, they could actually sell more groceries and be a better store for it!  Also, when stores like that are in the same area, they often lead to more trip-combining, so that might help the uptown HT.

Having that drugstore in 4th ward will keep me uptown for some errands that i might otherwise go to dilworth to do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder what the store hours are going to be - the current uptown CVS has the following hours:

Front Store Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8:00 AM-7:00 PM; Sat., 8:00 AM-1:00 PM

I'm just curious if this is aimed for residents (which I think it will be) or the rush hour commuters (drive-through).

It's a pretty nice, big store...just visited earlier today. As I was checking out, the cashier without prodding said "..and they'll be opening up a Dunkin Donuts next door, so come back soon...". I think they're all being told to say this.

I could swear she also told me they'd be open until 10pm weeknights - maybe its just a promotional thing for the first month or so.

It's sooooo nice to be able to get things I couldnt get at HT, and not have to get in my car and drive outside of uptown.

I just drove by the CVS earlier - and I have to say they did a tremendous job of making this fit in with the neighborhood. It really does look like they inhabited an existing building instead of building something new. Now if the Cotton Mills could only lease all of it's open space, that area would be jamming.

Though it looks like the exact same style and size of letters are back on the building now??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The letters actually now look bigger to me. The main change that I can see is that the letters are now are set off a few feet from the brick facade and are resting on top of the ledge that protrudes out. Previously, they had been attached directly to the facade.

drinks on me for my 300th post.

Archived