New CVS on Graham St.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, yes.  My plan worked perfectly, and much sooner than expected.  As of last night there was a vertical neon sign installed, so MC they did not lie to you afterall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

the power of the boycott.

It is amazing what you can accomplish by organizing around the inevitable.

dubone, I believe it is neon, but from that distance it is hard to tell. I think the neon outlines the painted letters that you see there. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the set up.

oh ok. i haven't been by at night, and from across graham, it just looked like a plastic box which i assumed just had fluorescent lighting from within.

what do they do, give their pharmacists an espresso machine?

No, but the average wait time for a prescription at Walgreens is much shorter than at CVS. Furthermore, Walgreens has a centralized database, so if you're registered at one store, your information can be pulled up at another Walgreens without having to register all over again. And the fact that a lot of Walgreens stores are 24-hour stores helps too, compared with only a handful of 24-hour CVS stores (I can only think of one in Charlotte, on Independence).

I don't know how long they've had it, but CVS has a centralized database, too. I was able to fill a refill prescription when i was at the beach without any hassle. i have been able to go to the south boulevard and uptown locations interchangeable with no issue, extra wait, nor have i brought anything in with me to show.

as far as wait times, my joke about espresso was simply that isn't it just a factor of how fast that individual pharmasist can get things done?

No argument on the 24 hour thing. I've never needed to fill a prescription after hours, but i'm sure that makes a huge difference in some situations.

Not only the individual pharmacist, but it also has to do with the staff and the efficiency of their system.

I'm glad CVS finally has a centralized database. Walgreens have had theirs for a while now.

And not only are many Walgreens 24 hours, but they are also open on holidays. It's convenient for customers, but the pharmacy staff often gets slammed on those days.

• 3 months later...

i'm not so sure it is neon... but here is what they put up.

37338718-L.jpg

37338721-L.jpg

37338724-L.jpg

The vertical neon sign on the side of the CVS is finally working. Hooray! It looks pretty darn neat. Also, we're almost home on the CVS/pharmacy sign. Now all the letters in pharmacy finally light up except for the "y". :rolleyes:

The vertical neon sign on the side of the CVS is finally working. Hooray! It looks pretty darn neat. Also, we're almost home on the CVS/pharmacy sign. Now all the letters in pharmacy finally light up except for the "y". :rolleyes:

I saw it tonight around 6:45. It's neon and it's cool. The y was still out.

It's more 'deconstruction' than construction. It was part of the old Gerrard Tire building (that had been added on later). When they were upfitting for the CVS, that part was stripped down in preparation for what was to be a Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins store, but that hasn't happened.

Just as an update on the long anticipated Dunkin Donuts...

The current zoning prohibits them from upfitting the space, because it is too close to Hearn. They were denied their building permit because of this. They have since filed for a rezoning that would seek a variance and allow them to build the DD.

Archived