New CVS on Graham St.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, the burned out lettering didn't look out of place at all. Downtown is full of burned out bulbs. A little off topic here, but in keeping with my pet-peeve issues... Architectural lighting on our buildings is great, but it really does amaze me how little upkeep these buildings get. I'm looking out right now at the 'summer teeth' top on IJL, the "Aw, half the lights on top are functional and that's good enough for us" Carillon Building, and Interstate Tower has been black for months, save for one lonely bulb at the top. The BofA crown seems to be fully lit for the first time in ages, but now the setback lighting is hit or miss. So sad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok....the exterior building renovation for the Dunkin Donut shop FINALLY got approval yesterday.

The developer also reapplied for the interior renovation permit yesterday, and I suspect things will start getting way within the next 2 months.

A warning to anyone shopping at the CVS uptown. I parked in the rear of the building to go get a prescription filled, and while I was waiting (25 minutes), my car was towed. Seems they that parking at the rear of the building is "not for CVS customers". I was charged $125 plus a $10 charge to bring my vehicle back. Upon calling Paul Bell, owner of the building, I got the runaround. The CVS manager and the district office VP are not happy as I am one of almost 50 customers have been towed in the past 3 months.

For the record, the posted signage in the rear parking lot reads "Private Property--for towed vehicles, call 704...". Nowhere does it state that CVS customers cannot park there.

Due to Mr. Bell's actions, the CVS has lost this customer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok....the exterior building renovation for the Dunkin Donut shop FINALLY got approval yesterday.

The developer also reapplied for the interior renovation permit yesterday, and I suspect things will start getting way within the next 2 months.

They've been working on the Dunkin Donut space for the last couple of days ... just clean up so far, but at least something is happening.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived