Time Out

Freddy C

All this banter about whether or not these posts are appropriate for the forum has got me running around in circles. :wacko:

1. These issues are very real, as pessimistic as they may sound. How else are we going to progress as a city if we do not look at its weaknesses? An outside perspective may be what we need to look at this from another angle. Note, however, as long as the approach is NOT "my city is better than yours."

2. As long as forum members avoid harping on dead issues, then we should encourage the continual progression of thought around a topic. This topic has had an incredible number of posts! And from what I can tell, only a select few are annoyed with the actual subject matter. My thoughts, avoid the thread if it really upsets you that much.

3. And my final point, everyone loves a good debate! Again, let's just avoid argument fallacies and personal attacks, because then the debate will descend into a mere catfight (for lack of a better term).

Joe, I agree with you whole-heartedly that this forum is intended for the greater good of Grand Rapids. But we cannot achieve the greater good by remaining so optimistic that we overlook our city's glaring faults.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this banter about whether or not these posts are appropriate for the forum is running around in circles.  :wacko:

1.  These issues are very real, as pessimistic as they may sound.  How else are we going to progress as a city if we do not look at its weaknesses?  An outside perspective may be what we need to look at this from another angle.  Note, however, as long as the approach is NOT "my city is better than yours."

2.  As long as forum members avoid harping on dead issues, then we should encourage the continual progression of thought around a topic.  This topic has had an incredible number of posts!  And from what I can tell, only a select few are annoyed with the actual subject matter.  My thoughts, avoid the thread if it really upsets you that much.

3.  And my final point, everyone loves a good debate!  Again, let's just avoid argument fallacies and personal attacks, because then the debate will descend into a mere catfight (for lack of a better term).

Joe, I agree with you whole-heartedly that this forum is intended for the greater good of Grand Rapids.  But we cannot achieve the greater good by remaining so optimistic that we overlook our city's glaring faults.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with most of what you said, but I need clarification or examples of

You guys are taking freddy c's bait.  Every topic will turn into a negative Grand Rapids topic.  That is his style and mission.  He was personally responsible for WOOD TV shutting down their Grand Rapids forum. 

Its growing and will eventually consume this forum.

**I'll go back to my lurking, Ive seen this discussion with him a half dozen times already on multiple forums.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

??? I shut down a forum I never knew existed? I think this is getting absurd in the direction its going...all because of what offense? Geeeezzzzzz :blink:

Freddy,

Let's end this conversation. I asked you to bring positive solutions to your negative complaints, you brought more negativity. I told you in a private message "Enough is enough. You seem to be looking for a fight whenever you talk about Grand Rapids. I will have you removed if you do not tone down your negativity."

You responded saying things like "In my book, you are revealing yourself as being no different than those police who harassed and questioned me for simply walking in EGR at dusk." and "The true test of character is revealed under stress....the fact is that this truth stresses you to the point that your true character is revealed...and it

Freddy,

Let's end this conversation. I asked you to bring positive solutions to your negative complaints, you brought more negativity. I told you in a private message "Enough is enough. You seem to be looking for a fight whenever you talk about Grand Rapids. I will have you removed if you do not tone down your negativity."

You responded saying things like "In my book, you are revealing yourself as being no different than those police who harassed and questioned me for simply walking in EGR at dusk." and "The true test of character is revealed under stress....the fact is that this truth stresses you to the point that your true character is revealed...and it

Archived