Jayvee

B Tower (5th Street Retail Infill Building)

On 4/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

There’s not much entrepreneurial spirit in this city as far as development goes. There’s not too many people interested in this kind of development. Can’t imagine its very cost prohibitive. The owners of this land have had it for generations, I think, otherwise I don’t think this development would work anywhere else, economically.

I don't think it's about entrepreneurial spirit. I think it's more about barriers. Have you looked at the zoning map?  Check out Euclid. There's a bunch of large parcels zoned TOD-RO, TOD-MO, and such. Great. However, right across the street is R-5. Individuals are most likely to own those houses, and incremental development (entrepreneurial spirit!) would lead those property owners to be some of the most likely to build small-scale developments. The corner of Euclid and Butternut, for example, would be a prime spot. Probably moreso later, even, because the grid could be restored in that area as the CHA development is redeveloped.

As it stands, none of those property owners have the resources to fight the city (and their neighbors) to get anything sensible built, so their only option is to sell out to a large developer who will assemble a massive block and then wrestle with the city to get something built.

• Like 4

Now, that is great news!

So, the last rendering - posted upthread - is the one that will be built?

5 hours ago, Scribe said:

Now, that is great news!

So, the last rendering - posted upthread - is the one that will be built?

Yup 

• Like 2

Connolly's patio, you will be missed but this is much better! Still hope they put the rooftop on top of Connolly's, all for more roof top bars!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

Connolly's patio, you will be missed but this is much better! Still hope they put the rooftop on top of Connolly's, all for more roof top bars!

thats not happening

• Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

F532290E-74AB-4817-9EF9-48673A1B5502.jpeg

D8B81DE6-1007-4756-A3F7-8CDD80E29CC8.jpeg

5F4FBF0C-B570-45AD-819A-51892F6E9D29.jpeg

4D6693B6-BA24-4527-9F2A-38151A6B706A.jpeg

I hadn't really considered this but 5 floors there is going to be really substantial. I know it will be dwarfed by Hearst but still will be pretty big

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I hadn't really considered this but 5 floors there is going to be really substantial. I know it will be dwarfed by Hearst but still will be pretty big

Something along these lines? Based on floor counts of the stubby base of Hearst. Not sure what you call that feature. 

41E37745-EC34-4B8F-98C3-6E0288D6D30D.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Something along these lines? Based on floor counts of the stubby base of Hearst. Not sure what you call that feature. 

41E37745-EC34-4B8F-98C3-6E0288D6D30D.jpeg

That stubby base is a parking deck believe it or not. This is what happens when a banking titan builds something. On the other side is the massive trading floor.

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21

From the rendering, it looks like the 3rd-floor tenant could have rooftop access above Connoly's.  Not sure that's the case, but it does seem like something they could utilize. 

15 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

From the rendering, it looks like the 3rd-floor tenant could have rooftop access above Connoly's.  Not sure that's the case, but it does seem like something they could utilize. 

I think it might have once been planned, but was taken out of the plan. @Jayvee owns this project from a Journalistic perspective, so he would be the best person to answer this question.

17 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think it might have once been planned, but was taken out of the plan. @Jayvee owns this project from a Journalistic perspective, so he would be the best person to answer this question.

Yeah that shiz is gone.