B Tower (5th Street Retail Infill Building)

CLTProductions

5 minutes ago, AppState92 said:

Any word on the lot between Connollys and Sea Level?  Seems like there were plans for a 4 story building, but haven't seen an update in awhile.

Yeah, the B Tower is still coming....just a lot of back and forth with the city. 

EDIT: LOL RDF beat me to it....actually the fight came in the form of the sidewalk extension, its almost like CDOT DIDNT want them to widen the sidewalk (for fear of its car impact) and make things safer. That is all wrapped up though, the final "fight" is with some fire safety and some other structural safety elements. Should be getting going soon actually

Edited by Jayvee

4 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

There's a lot going on with that block of 5th street. I've also heard plans that they'll take a lane to add a not-crap sidewalk to the Belk Theater side, too. I suspect there's just a lot of players and CDOT needs to make a decision on what 5th is going to look like

Awesome! They have the space to do that right? Just eliminate the street parking (there's only 4 spots, its no loss) and extend the sidewalk to the already existing white lines? That would be GREAT

Edited by Jayvee

3 hours ago, tozmervo said:

I would think so, I guess a lot of it depends on how badly they want to keep the left-turn lane onto College

They could still keep it....the wider/new sidewalk would just stop at Hearst on that side and on the other it would end where the white line does now.....although that is pretty stupid now that I type it.

• 11 months later...
Just now, Jasons0013 said:

Long time reader, first time post.  Wondering if any of you had any updates on this? Been for quite a while.  

I think it stalled because of CDOT, but has started to make a come back again. I think @Jayvee probably has a better update than me on this. 

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think it stalled because of CDOT, but has started to make a come back again. I think @Jayvee probably has a better update than me on this. 

CDOT stalled it yup. Last I heard it's under a completely new design, idea and concept. So they basically started over. 

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I thought this one was getting a slight redesign hence the long delay. Either way I like this project. It's the small, almost unnoticeable stuff like this that will really liven up the streets around uptown. Ideally I would like to see soft goods on the ground floor and the bars/restaurants on the upper floors, but no doubt this will add some more life to 5th. And the wider sidewalk will be EXTREMELY welcomed.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, asthasr said:

Awesome! I thought this was dead. It makes me very happy to see small-scale, interesting looking buildings getting built in addition to our towers and ENDLESS SUPERBLOCKS

Fully agreed. This is exactly what should be happening in our building boom. 

What's more, when you have more incremental buildings like this, an uglu/boring architecture design is less impact full to the overall feel of the area.

• Like 2

Fully agreed. This is exactly what should be happening in our building boom. 
What's more, when you have more incremental buildings like this, an uglu/boring architecture design is less impact full to the overall feel of the area.

There’s not much entrepreneurial spirit in this city as far as development goes. There’s not too many people interested in this kind of development. Can’t imagine its very cost prohibitive. The owners of this land have had it for generations, I think, otherwise I don’t think this development would work anywhere else, economically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk