Baton Rouge Traffic Solutions

Mr. Burnham

Baton Rouge faces a number of traffic issues; consistent clogging of nearly every road, lack of public transportation, among many other things. So this thread is in part dedicated to proposing solutions to those problems along with actual new in regards to these problems being solved. For me personally I completed my Baton Rouge 'build-out' map. A build-out map, is one that shows how and where roads can be completed and built with an unlimited budget. My map focuses on creating multiple boulevards that would go from both north to south and east to west allowing for more travel and eased congestion. I encourage you to make you own and continue to post your ideas and news. 

Here is my map for example and if you want, criticism: 

f0e0d5.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice map!  Hopefully soon I can add a map to the mix too...

?...Why would you disconnect Bluebonnet & Coursey at Airline Hwy?? Though very short...that new little connection has now made BR's Busiest intersection....to take that away would really mess things up...instead you have Bluebonnet intersecting I-12/Airline Hwy...how would they pull that off?? A massive Flyover?? Demolishing Celebration Station/Hotels/All-Star Bowling Lanes, Costco; Celtic Media Centre, etc?

? How would you make 2 Additional roads...Creating a MASSIVE new intersection at Airline Hwy/Florida Blvd?? Would a tunnel go under Cortana Mall or would you just demolish it?

Stumberg Lane would need to connect(much easier) with Millerville Rd...& not Flannery Road......however Woodland Ridge/Episcopal School campus make this a problem either way.

I would like to see a "Roundabout" for Lobdell/Independence Blvd; Government St afflicted intersection

Believe it or not BR has come a long way connecting roads; there was a time Old Hammond Hwy did NOT connect w Corporate Blvd......however BR still has a ways to go...

BR's  PROBLEM #1..... Geography...being landlocked(huge River & Swamp)  = 2 ways out West...2 ways out East(not counting Magnolia Bridge Central/Watson.....& NOLA Being located to the SE....Instead of E-W Street Grid...you get DIAGONAL paths slicing it up like Airline Hwy

PROBLEM #2....Not Enough North-South routes.....biggest Example...the 500 acre Burden Plantation in the middle of the city....College & Essen suffer for this...somehow extend Kenilworth up to a new I-10 feeder road to relieve pressure

A while back UP had Road Rants (stuck on Page #4) & This Road Needs Widening(#Pg 5?) that had some similar talks

? How would you make 2 Additional roads...Creating a MASSIVE new intersection at Airline Hwy/Florida Blvd?? Would a tunnel go under Cortana Mall or would you just demolish it?

A roundabout would be created in the center, Cortana would be demolished. 

?...Why would you disconnect Bluebonnet & Coursey at Airline Hwy?? Though very short...that new little connection has now made BR's Busiest intersection....to take that away would really mess things up...instead you have Bluebonnet intersecting I-12/Airline Hwy...how would they pull that off?? A massive Flyover?? Demolishing Celebration Station/Hotels/All-Star Bowling Lanes, Costco; Celtic Media Centre, etc?

Bluebonnet would go under ground to bypass the buildings and I-10 this way everything stays intact, but the connection with Coursey still allows drivers to get on to Airline. Bluebonnet would eventually come back up, and continue all the way into North BR and on to a new bridge. 

This map also doesn't feature Government because they are making it smaller. Thank you so much for the feedback!  :)

Archived