Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

The OBJ article states, " For the downtown location, Concord is working with a local real estate company to review a mixed-use land project for development, "a very exciting project that would clearly have a high profile," Sabroff said. Site review and project underwriting are underway, he said." Tremont was always touted as being a gateway development.

Growthspotter's article stated: "[Concord's] next Orlando investment could be a joint venture with Lincoln Property Company (LPC) to develop, co-own and manage the 180-key AC Hotels by Marriott planned for the mixed-use Tremont Tower in downtown." It goes on to mention Fairwinds opting out of leasing space in the building due to LPC's inability to meet deadlines. "Lincoln said that a deal with a larger replacement tenant would be announced soon." This is why I don't think Tremont is dead yet.

Regarding the vacant lot next to the Orthodox church, that hotel development was last referred to as Cambria Suites.

• Like 3

Lincoln couldn't meet deadlines means Lincoln couldn't get financing with their current list of leasees most of which are tied to the success of the project.

Fairwinds wasn't a big loss for them just a notable brand.  They are building a HQ on Alafaya either way.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, RedStar25 said:

According to my friends  it's "sleeping". Whatever that means. 

For some reason, Downtown Orlando is sleeping. Many if not most of its peer cities are enjoying highrise booms or boomlets.

Yes, I know I sound like a broken record. Just disappointed.

^^

very good points by all.  I know it gets old, but:

1. CitiTower- topped off

2. Modera/U-Club- underway

3. DPAC Phase II- groundbreaking March 6

4. Orlando City Soccer Stadium- almost done

5.  Ace Cafe- u/c

6.  Walgreens- buildout

7.  Lucerne project- should break ground soon

8. Crescent Central- almost fully leased out

9. Artisan 420- almost fully leased out as well

10.  OPD @ OBT:  close to being done

11.  I-4 reconstruction- perpetually

• Like 3

Capital Plaza III supposedly going to ramp up and 520 cleared.  Demo done for Magic EC also. I think we may hear more about those in the next couple of years and redevelopment along that corridor all the way from Thornton Park to the new soccer stadium. You will have Citi, Modera, recently completed 420 and the next phase 520, Capital Plaza III . . .   It is really becoming a true East-West corridor in between Central and Church, with Pine transforming into a real urban street.  This will connect under the new I-4 to we are getting with park space underneath to connect to the Parramore side, with likely infill development coming after that to take advantage of the new soccer stadium and the Magic EC. It may seem like a slow burn, but it's definitely burning. 

Walke down Pine Street from Thornton Park area to Downtown, and you will see a huge difference right now!

Edited by dcluley98

My understanding has been that they've pretty much been able to fill the apartments coming online without too much difficulty. As long as folks (except Dale) find Downtown desirable and keep moving in, it seems like they'll keep building. Now, if we can just get some retail to go along with all those new heads in beds.

I might also mention that I have been stunned lately at how crowded the Publix at The Paramount is getting - anecdotally, it seems well on its way to being almost as busy as the Colonialtown Publix.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2