Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

53 minutes ago, XpressEnterprise said:

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/04/18/exclusive-construction-to-start-on-downtown-s-81m.html

If anyone has access, please share. It looks like construction will start next month on the first phase. 

I don't have access to OBJ, but I am completely shocked if this is true...and pleased.  Has anyone seen your post other than me?

2 hours ago, orange87 said:

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/04/17/downtown-s-55-west-tremont-plaza-towers-land-sell.html

I don't know if I'm misreading this article, but it seems to say Tremont will be 28 stories. Is that a typo?

I don't know, but I am shocked right now and hope this moves forward.

3 hours ago, metal93 said:

Still hurting over the loss of historic brise soleil?

I'm referring to towers built just in downtown. Is Tavistock doing something in downtown as well?

I thought I read where they're planning a mixed-use tower next to the PAC. If true, I suppose a 2017 start would be too soon to hope for.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/04/19/exclusive-dual-tower-concept-being-considered-for.html

I know you guys are not fond of OBJ so much, but thought to share. 

Two towers?!?! I hope they don't decide to chop the original in half to make 2 towers, i.e two towers that are 14 stories. 

Edited by XpressEnterprise
grammar

I LOVE this design for some reason.  I don't know if it just how truly mixed use this building is, but I love it.  I emailed a guy at FDOT, and they have had many discussions on the SunRail platform there, so it looks like that will be happening.

Where would the second tower go?

12 minutes ago, WAJAS98 said:

I LOVE this design for some reason.  I don't know if it just how truly mixed use this building is, but I love it.  I emailed a guy at FDOT, and they have had many discussions on the SunRail platform there, so it looks like that will be happening.

Where would the second tower go?

Possibly where the ballroom is?

Yes, if you go upthread, you can see previous posts here discussing the fact that this was a ttwo-phase project. The second phase will go to the north of the existing planned tower.   The second phase will also be needed to accommodate the Sunrail station on the ground floor, as the footprint of the first phase is not large enough for the full station.  

See page 10 of this thread.

Edited by dcluley98

2 hours ago, WAJAS98 said:

NO!!! That ballroom has some history. I'd much rather they simply turn it into meeting/conference space for the hotel.

Given that it wasn't built until the late 80's or early/mid 90's, I wouldn't go as far as to say it has much in the way of history, but nonetheless, like you, I'd hate to see it torn down. It's a nice building with a lot of potential uses and it would be a shame to waste it like that.

I can reconcile the demolition of the ballroom if it means getting a proper SunRail platform there. As long it's activated along the platform with a small cafe, convenience store, or other use, I would be happy. The way it is now, the space is too short and the eastern wall of the ballroom is too close to the tracks for there to be platform there.

I'd thought it be cool to see another tower in the future to the south of Tremont, but that's FDOT's land and they're dead set on keeping it a retention pond.

• Like 1