bic

Church Street Plaza | 26-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

Recommended Posts


That's one of the great things about it - no buildings were harmed in the making of it (well it won't be the case if a phase II wipes out the ballroom), in addition to it being along I-4 and maximizes visual impact, blocking 55W is a bonus. Then you have the train platform on to really make an impact. Maybe just maybe it can bring some life to Garland Ave, it and Hughey Ave are the most desolate streets in downtown and risk becoming even worse with I-4 Ultimate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any new construction pictures of Tremont Tower?

Also, can somebody fix the title? Tremont Tower is going to be 28 stories, not 25.

When it was going to be 25 stories it was listed at 325 feet. Does anybody know how many feet tall it will be now now that it's going to be 28 stories?

Edited by orange87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OBJ article online  today says 26 stories and also provides a new name "church street plaza"

Edited by Kaz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kaz said:

OBJ article online  today says 26 stories and also provides a new name "church street plaza"

That's the OBJ for ya. They can't ever seem to get their facts straight. Some of their articles say 26 stories, some say 28 stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kaz said:

OBJ article online  today says 26 stories and also provides a new name "church street plaza"

That article also discusses the low vacancy rate, which is a major plus for new proposals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Construction on the second tower is expected to begin in mid-2020.

- First tower will be completed in 2019.

- They scaled Tremont Tower down from 28 stories to 26 stories to protect their investor in case the market crashes again.

- Third phase will involve retail/office component incorporating Lincoln Property's newly acquired portion of Church Street Station that will have 11,555 square feet of office and 39,333 square feet of retail.

 https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2017/10/09/heres-when-work-on-church-street-plazas-2nd-tower.html

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given Orlando's history on things like planned second towers, I'll be surprised if phase 2 ever happens. 

Or if it isn't scaled way down.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2017 at 10:24 PM, JFW657 said:

Given Orlando's history on things like planned second towers, I'll be surprised if phase 2 ever happens. 

Or if it isn't scaled way down.

 

I would be willing to bet Phase 2 happens, given that the SunRail station component is dependent upon Phase 2. They won't move the SunRail Station into Phase 1 because there isn't enough track frontage (see earlier info on this upthread on Page 10). Also pretty funny to see the naysaying we had at that point in the development, lol. Glad that it finally got started. The current phase 1 is half leased with the expectation to be fully leased shortly after completion. Once that happens, they will be pre-selling for phase 2. It might be scaled down, sure, but I bet it will happen eventually just for the SunRail station. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be too upset if Phase 2 didn't happen if it meant the Ballroom could stay.  I'm fine with Sunrail staying where it is.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, codypet said:

I wouldn't be too upset if Phase 2 didn't happen if it meant the Ballroom could stay.  I'm fine with Sunrail staying where it is.

Could the Ballroom stay, save for 10' or so at the back, with emergency exits being relocated or connected to Phase 1 out of the South of the building to allow the Sunrail platform enough space without redeveloping the lot?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

I would be willing to bet Phase 2 happens, given that the SunRail station component is dependent upon Phase 2. They won't move the SunRail Station into Phase 1 because there isn't enough track frontage (see earlier info on this upthread on Page 10). Also pretty funny to see the naysaying we had at that point in the development, lol. Glad that it finally got started. The current phase 1 is half leased with the expectation to be fully leased shortly after completion. Once that happens, they will be pre-selling for phase 2. It might be scaled down, sure, but I bet it will happen eventually just for the SunRail station. 

So, does that mean moving Sunrail will never happen if Phase II never gets built?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the MPB report and DOT requirements, yes. There is not enough room on Phase 1 to make a station. They could, however, do as mentioned above and alter the ROW for the ballroom to remove those two stairwells and create an extended platform. LPC owns the land now. That is an option to temporarily make the station there before funding and construction of Phase II happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, codypet said:

I wouldn't be too upset if Phase 2 didn't happen if it meant the Ballroom could stay.  I'm fine with Sunrail staying where it is.

Wild guess...you don't ride SunRail to or from that station?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it were me, I might propose a great building with a transit station on the bottom of it that may not happen if the building doesn't get built, then get funding for the building and buy-in from the public and the transit authority in question. Then, once the land is bought and the leasing is half-bought tell everybody there are two more phases. Then everybody is pot-committed and I have the bargaining power to move the SunRail station to my own property temporarily if I kick back in the funds to extend the platform to the north by changing the Ballroom back exits into an entrance for my new building and my old building. . . . and then. . . 

After all that is done, I would leverage the location and profit of the new properties to eventually redevelop the Ballroom and Church Street property holdings to tie into the plaza in a couple of years. 

But that's just me, and my stupid Ideas without any money on an internet forum criticizing projects about which I have limited information. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my question... why not just renovate and repurpose the bottom floor of the ballroom into a Sunrail station?

The building is already semi-reminiscent of an old time train station anyway. Take the existing space on the bottom floor, knock out existing divider walls, and create a kind of "grand space" with ticket windows, old wooden benches, coffee and snack vendors, news and magazine stand, maybe a small sundries "shoppe", etc, etc.

Build an overhang on the outside and have benches underneath.

The whole thing would tie-in nicely with the character of the rest of the block.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

According to the MPB report and DOT requirements, yes. There is not enough room on Phase 1 to make a station. They could, however, do as mentioned above and alter the ROW for the ballroom to remove those two stairwells and create an extended platform. LPC owns the land now. That is an option to temporarily make the station there before funding and construction of Phase II happens. 

So, then the OBJ is not reporting the truth.  They make it seem like Sunrail platform is a go with Phase I but it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.