Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

36 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Few years of waiting and this gem is happening. I absolutely can not wait to see the finished product. Great photos!

Now here is a dummy question. Those cranes, do they rise to the height of the building immediately or do the cranes grow as the building grows?

I don't know if I'm reading your question correctly, but the cranes will be extended taller once they build up to a certain height. 

Edited by orange87

2 hours ago, orange87 said:

I don't know if I'm reading your question correctly, but the cranes will be extended taller once they build up to a certain height. 

21 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

They jack them up and put in new vertical sections as the building height increases.

Thank you. Both answered my question. I have the most difficult time asking questions in correct form. I tend to jumble or add words sometimes. Sorry

• Like 1

No problem, man. I am usually of the opinion that no questions are bad questions when asked correctly. Great question, actually.  I had not seen a video of crane expansion; looks like transformers, lol . Thanks for that, guys. And thanks for the great environment in which we can ask questions and share knowledge with one another. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Seemed pretty direct and to the point to me.... :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

No problem, man. I am usually of the opinion that no questions are bad questions when asked correctly. Great question, actually.  I had not seen a video of crane expansion; looks like transformers, lol . Thanks for that, guys. And thanks for the great environment in which we can ask questions and share knowledge with one another. 

I lurked around here from the time I DIDNT have facial hair . I'm becoming more socially engaged so I ask questions across all the forums. More so not to annoying but I've lurked long enough w/o signing in to trust just about everyone on this board. There is so much great intellectual interaction. I Rather be involved than google or youtube search sometime. Human response gathers much more benefit for stimulation of a response than computer generated, if you get my drift. Basically, I'll be asking more questions.

The video reminds me of SimCity 4 when skyscrapers and highrises reached past stage 3/4 of High Wealth commercial growth. I remember just seeing the cranes move up but not ever knowing how tall a building would be. So I wasn't sure if that was pure simulation or real life. Now I have a much better idea!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The worst part is that even when you ignore a user, you see people you like quoting them.

I love a good sidebar conversation for a few posts, it will often liven up a thread and stir up conversation back on the original topic, but this thread has been crapped on like a freshly washed car at a pigeon convention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, bic said:

My apologies for not cleaning up this thread sooner. I'm not quite as active on this forum as I once was so it's helpful to be notified when threads veer too far off course, as this one did.

I moved all of the posts unrelated to Church Street Plaza to this thread titled "Economic Development" in the Coffee House.

Let's keep this thread on topic, please.

Lesson learned. Thanks for your help.

14 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

315 ft

28 stories.

When it was going to be 26 stories they said it was going to be 326 feet. Now it's two stories taller and lost eleven feet? That doesn't seem right. If it's 28 stories now it should be closer to 350 feet.

Edited by orange87

18 hours ago, DreS0803 said:

Is that the confirmed height and number of floors?

Height yes according to the MPB renderings of the east, south elevations.
Floors? Not sure  9+6+7 equals 22 so the additional 3 stories for 25 comes from where? Not sure
Then the 28 that keeps being mentioned? Where are the additional stories you know? But

I'd go with 25 stories 315ft. After looking over everything.

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo, Verizon was the reason that the project was delayed, but they just got financing last month? Uh, Ok. Don't know if this is just additional financing or the financing itself was delayed by the site issue, or typical Sentinel "reporting" or the developer is just fishing for more money from somebody.