Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

6 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Sooooo, Verizon was the reason that the project was delayed, but they just got financing last month? Uh, Ok. Don't know if this is just additional financing or the financing itself was delayed by the site issue, or typical Sentinel "reporting" or the developer is just fishing for more money from somebody. 

Of course, he may have gotten it wrong, but Brinkmann is generally one of the better business reporters in town.

4 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Sooooo, Verizon was the reason that the project was delayed, but they just got financing last month? Uh, Ok. Don't know if this is just additional financing or the financing itself was delayed by the site issue, or typical Sentinel "reporting" or the developer is just fishing for more money from somebody. 

Yeah, under the story, Verizon didn't seem to locate the cable, or have it on their maps, and it wasn't in the ROW allegedly. Shouldn't they have just cut it at that point and proceeded with construction? My understanding is between not being located, not being in the ROW, and not being on the maps, they wouldn't have any liability if they just went ahead and "moved it" themselves with a bulldozer. Then Verizon would have got it fixed real fast, if it was important.

10 hours ago, aent said:

Yeah, under the story, Verizon didn't seem to locate the cable, or have it on their maps, and it wasn't in the ROW allegedly. Shouldn't they have just cut it at that point and proceeded with construction? My understanding is between not being located, not being in the ROW, and not being on the maps, they wouldn't have any liability if they just went ahead and "moved it" themselves with a bulldozer. Then Verizon would have got it fixed real fast, if it was important.

I wouldn't want to be your CFO if you tried that approach.  It's accepted in Chapter 556 of FL State Statutes that sometimes lines aren't known to exist, that doesn't mean you can do as you wish and willfully destroy them.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0500-0599/0556/0556.html

It does mean that your legal teams might have to fight it out, but it doesn't in any way mean you can just remove the line(s) in your way as you see fit.

2 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I wouldn't want to be your CFO if you tried that approach.  It's accepted in Chapter 556 of FL State Statutes that sometimes lines aren't known to exist, that doesn't mean you can do as you wish and willfully destroy them.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0500-0599/0556/0556.html

It does mean that your legal teams might have to fight it out, but it doesn't in any way mean you can just remove the line(s) in your way as you see fit.

I am curious as to the rules on this, and looked through the statute, and it seems to imply the opposite. On privately owned land, unmapped and unmarked lines where a locate was properly called move the liability to damage for the line onto the utility and not the excavator. The only exception seems to be on publicly owned land, seemingly not relevant here. From my experience, none of the telecom companies are responsive to moving their lines, and if they're unmapped/unlocatable, its  near impossible to expect them to move it. They don't even know where it is too move it.

2 hours ago, aent said:

I am curious as to the rules on this, and looked through the statute, and it seems to imply the opposite. On privately owned land, unmapped and unmarked lines where a locate was properly called move the liability to damage for the line onto the utility and not the excavator. The only exception seems to be on publicly owned land, seemingly not relevant here. From my experience, none of the telecom companies are responsive to moving their lines, and if they're unmapped/unlocatable, its  near impossible to expect them to move it. They don't even know where it is too move it.

This wouldn't fall under the damage prevention aspect, but the relocation.  It's been a while since I've fully read 556, but I know from a real world life in utilities that moving undocumented lines is costly and you can't just take upon yourself to do so whether they were documented or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Just drove in from visiting back home. This is going to look great coming in on the interstate. 

The new Fly-overs are HUGE! They will make the skyline look smaller on the approach for sure. 

But once you travel under the new bridges and the 408. BOOOM!  Welcome to Orlando. Here's a nice new building with a hotel overlooking our downtown and arts center and Arena across the way. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Saw a presentation on this today...some things to share some new some maybe old news:

- Project broken into Phase 1, Phase 2 and “Retail” buildings 

- Phase 1 28 stories, 9 floors of parking with 700 spaces, AC Marriott, office.   Hotel lobby will be up (18th floor?) and not on ground level.

- Phase 1 includes 200k of office, 180 hotel rooms, 7500 sqft retail.  Phase 1 is over 50% leased and expects to be at 100 in 3-6 months 

- Phase 2 would mirror the first if market supports it since it wouldn’t have the hotel.   There would be a residential mix though.  Another 700 spaces.   They are expecting nice revenue from parking since the I-4 spaces are good and there aren’t enough for venues.

- Phase 2 includes 200k office, 225 luxury apts, 10k retail

- Retail would be 2-3 stories 50K sq ft fronting Church.   Facade is historic the insides are not.

- Train would not be indoors but the platform would be essentially covered as a colonnade like Lincoln Plaza is.

- Fun fact; Lincoln has delivered a project each decade Suntrust,  Lincoln Plaza, One Eleven and now Church Street misses it by a year (2019).   Impressive.

So is this confirmation that it will be 28 stories?

35 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

Saw a presentation on this today...some things to share some new some maybe old news:

-Retail would be 2-3 stories 50K sq ft fronting Church.   Facade is historic the insides are not.

Sounds like this means they'll be gutting the interior of the Cheyenne Saloon and the Bumby Arcade.

• Like 1