Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

I liked the part in the article that talked about SunRail connecting to MCO and All Aboard. Looks like this building could be downtown Orlando's answer to Miami Central Station (albeit the little brother version). If they can make it work, you could probably get from Orlando to Miami (downtown to downtown) in four hours, with one transfer at the MCO intermodal station.

I do wonder how "indoor" the platform will be. Is the building (or lot) long enough to accommodate a train? Or will it be a big "Grand Station" lobby with doors that take you to a covered platform?

I am still on the fence with this one. Besides, having a tenant really does not mean anything. They have so many outs in the contract, nothing can be assured. I hope they move forward. I am rooting for this project more so then any other one. 

• Like 1

Totally missed that line - But I think prah nailed it with LCS.  You can get from the SB platform into the terminal without getting wet.   Expect more of a "front porch" station than an indoor one which is still a huge win assuming FDOT is forgiving of safety setbacks due to the location.

Not trying to minimalize a huge anchor announcement.   Fairwinds was reported in this thread in March.   Also reported was them minimizing their staffing downtown.   No idea how 40000SF compares to their current footprint in 135 W Central but this article does confirm the branch staff will be smaller.

LOL at Grand Central, Dale.  Plans that were released last year for the ground floor of the building showed it as a covered open-air platform, connected to an indoor lobby area with a coffee shop, restaurant, and bank. That could have changed since then, obviously.  There isn't much building footprint for it to be a real grand central type train station as currently designed. Compare the size of the lot to Lynx Central Station footprint, and you will see that this is clearly some hyperbole involved.

http://www.lpcsoutheast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Tremont-Tower-Flyer-2015-V2.pdf

Edited by dcluley98

Dale - love the enthusiasm buddy.   Just don't crash on us if the indoor train station doesn't happen.   If the building happens at all we should be ecstatic.   The shade affect (or shade pollution as our friends protesting Lake Eola would call it) will make sitting at Church St Station bearable year round.   You'll melt waiting for a PM train there now!

Main reason for concern is that other than Fairwinds, other listed tenants per OBJ in March:

- regional office for Austin Commercial 

- local office for Lincoln Properties

- local office for Hunton Brady Architechts

These firms are all working on this project...

28 minutes ago, gibby said:

All three of the upcoming projects (520, Modera and this one) will get rid of existing surface parking lots.  The combined effect will be awesome.

Citi Tower was a surface lot with Church Street frontage as well. Great to see the infill happening.  Real signs the boom is back.  Maybe getting some of these out of the ground will get some more momentum going for long delayed projects such as Magic Complex and Creative Village!

28 minutes ago, Dale said:

Now lead story on the Sentinel (plus video).

I guess people are pretty excited about it since I saw it all over Facebook yesterday and even heard about it on the radio this morning (on 101.9, definitely not a news station).

22 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Why is that a cause for concern?

I wonder if its all a ploy just to secure the construction loan, i.e., having these other companies working on the project move into the building to bolster their "leased" numbers.

In the video, they are insisting that this will be an indoor stop:  http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-tremont-plaza-will-serve-as-sunrail-s-first-indoor-station-orlando-news-now-20160705-premiumvideo.html

It is still unclear to me what part of the station will be indoor but i'll wager that it'll be an indoor lobby area with an outdoor platform.

WTH are they talking about "first post-recession high rise"? Do Citi Tower and Skyhouse not count? If you are saying commercial, then ok, but don't BS your story without qualifying you are talking about office space not residential.

I wouldn't put any faith in the details any of these "journalists" are spouting off.  The plans still show outdoor platform, and I haven't seen any updates.