Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

The 26-story Church Street Plaza project held its official groundbreaking Tuesday and announced two additional tenants — RSM business consulting firm, and Tennessee-based co-working firm E|SPACES.

DM65gppXUAAdmhp.jpg:large

Article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-church-street-plaza-kickoff-20171024-story.html

• Like 3

E|Spaces was mentioned a while back.  

RSM is news to me.  They are currently in the Gateway Center along with Hunton Brady.

With the advent of SunRail and the changes to the Ivanhoe exit on I-4, I wonder if we will see continued hits to the Gateway and Wells Fargo buildings up there.   Dean Mead also moved to CNL about a year ago.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 10:44 PM, prahaboheme said:

I seem to recall that 55W stalled on interior construction even while the exterior shell was built. The original Dutch developer had planned for condos.  Of course, what was billed as downtown's "luxury residence" in the development phase eventually morphed in a rowdy highrise apartment  for the nightlife folks. 

Not exactly. The original developer died during construction. There was a friendly foreclosure and the bank completed construction. I can't recall what the delay was. 

On 10/26/2017 at 1:45 PM, jack said:

Not exactly. The original developer died during construction. There was a friendly foreclosure and the bank completed construction. I can't recall what the delay was. 

Yeah.  Euro American Advisors.  Money delays.  Design changed with economy.  They went from planned condos to apts.  There was a big delay with interior buildout.   They even toyed with Manuel's moving from BOA to 55W's top floor(s).  They also abandoned the pool level townhouses they never built; can still see the gap from the Plaza's upper floors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, I had said a while back that it seems like every time one tower is close to topping off, that that's when they break ground on the next one.  Lately, it's happened with Citi to Modera, and now from Modera to CCP.  Prior to Citi it was The Sevens I think.

They are all different construction companies involved, and different financing as well, but because of the timing, by the time they get meaningful density built in this town, at the rate they're going, we'll all be witnessing it posthumously.  I wonder if City Hall is having all of these projects paced at certain intervals just so that there is always something u/c.

This trend will be blown out of the water in January when the UCF related construction begins in CV.

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...