Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

Quote or no quote, it's still a non-story. They might break ground?  Of course they might.  That's common sense, not news.  Orlando City might make the playoffs; but that's not news either. And then to slap the word "Exclusive" in front of it.

I 100% agree with it not being news.  However, that wasn't what my post was about.  My reply was directed to the comment that said the article didn't have any quotes.

Dale, I completely agree with you.  I travel to Charlotte every few weeks and am constantly blown away by the high-rise construction.  I think a lot of it has to do with the corporate presence (not back office we see here) but also, they just have a different - far more urban attitude than we do in Florida.  Darden headquarters and medical city would never happen there unless it was in the middle of "Uptown".  But that is just what Orlando is.  A suburban cultured market with a small but growing center.  

Its come a long way though.  This is possibly the best and most urban building we've seen in a while!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

An engineering permit was pulled last October and we still haven't seen any noticeable activity at this site.  Does anyone know if this is delayed or cancelled?

I've become a bit impatient waiting for this section of the CBD to fill in.  

Anxiously anticipating word that those DPAC plots are moving forward with development as well.  How about a temporary space at DPAC Plaza like a container park or food truck rally to bring some life to the area a bit?

4 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

An engineering permit was pulled last October and we still haven't seen any noticeable activity at this site.  Does anyone know if this is delayed or cancelled?

I've become a bit impatient waiting for this section of the CBD to fill in.  

Anxiously anticipating word that those DPAC plots are moving forward with development as well.  How about a temporary space at DPAC Plaza like a container park or food truck rally to bring some life to the area a bit?

Sounds like you have a cool event at your fingertips. Let me know if you need help making it happen.

23 hours ago, RedStar25 said:

I've been looking at the site as I drive around and I am glad the city told the developer to come up with something bigger. This will make a huge impact on the skyline from all angles. CNL III will also have a considerable impact. Let's hope 2016 is the "YEAR OF THE CRANES!" 

Are you referring to the original proposal that was a mid rise hotel prior to the redesign, or something fresh off the press?