Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

31 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

I immediately need more information about Yellow Dog having been in Orlando as opposed to Gotha.

Yellow Dog was originally in an old 7-Eleven (Oh Thank Heaven!) -same vintage as the TP sevvie - just east of Rosalind on a little side street that was, ummm, sandwiched between South St and the East-West.

1 minute ago, spenser1058 said:

Yellow Dog was originally in an old 7-Eleven (Oh Thank Heaven!) -same vintage as the TP sevvie - just east of Rosalind on a little side street that was, ummm, sandwiched between South St and the East-West.

Back in the 80's when I lived at Pine & Summerlin, and every third or fourth retail business was jumping on the video rental bandwagon, I used to walk to that 7 Eleven to rent/return videos.

I remember a catering business was in there for awhile after 7E closed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

So where The Grande is now?  That's fascinating!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

That is a nice photo JRS2.  Nice composition framing the top of the Building Formally known as SunTrust in between the cranes.

Will there be a symbol instead of a name? Maybe the SunTrust sunburst logo with the red NO symbol superimposed? Enquiring minds want to know!

From YouTube

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, codypet said:

So those blue fences are also on the Ballroom side of the development.  I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what they are.

I'm thinking they are debris cages, but, they are not along the entire east wall and they would otherwise be, right?

From OBJ article:

Here's what's on the table for downtown Orlando's next mixed-use tower 

By Jack Witthaus 
Staff Writer, Orlando Business Journal

Jul 25, 2018, 12:26pm EDT 
Updated Jul 25, 2018, 1:06pm EDT

The developer behind downtown’s rising SunTrust Plaza at Church Street Station now is deciding what will be inside its second mixed-use tower for that project. 

On the table: Another hotel or a new apartment complex, said Austin StahleyLincoln Property Co.’s Florida region director. 

Lincoln Property’s planned second tower there, dubbed Phase 2, also will include Class A office space and street-level retail that would connect with Church Street in a similar-sized tower. The new building will be at the site of the Ballroom At Church Street alongside SunTrust Plaza at the northeast corner of Garland Avenue and South Street.

A second tower long has been in Lincoln Property's master plan and should be incorporated with Church Street's SunRail stop. A construction start date hasn’t been selected for the next tower, but it's expected to be finished in fourth-quarter 2021.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2018/07/25/heres-whats-on-the-table-for-downtown-orlandos.html

• Like 2