Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

10 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Good looking glass!

So this is about half way up at this point?

Don’t think so b/c most of the floor levels are shorter ceiling heights.  From here on out they’ll be taller unless the hotel levels go shorter again.

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Don’t think so b/c most of the floor levels are shorter ceiling heights.  From here on out they’ll be taller unless the hotel levels go shorter again.

It was my impression that the hotel portion would occupy the truncated section on the east side of the building. That section ends at the 17th floor. After that, the upper level, half-width section continues on up to 28 floors, which should be all office space with the taller floor heights.

That's the way I understand it anyway.

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

It was my impression that the hotel portion would occupy the trunctuated section on the east side of the building. That section ends at the 17th floor. After that, the upper level, half-width section continues on up to 28 floors, which should be all office space with the taller floor heights.

"trunctuated" - definitely our word for the day! <g>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

It was my impression that the hotel portion would occupy the truncated section on the east side of the building. That section ends at the 17th floor. After that, the upper level, half-width section continues on up to 28 floors, which should be all office space with the taller floor heights.

This is incorrect. It is opposite. The Hotel is at the top, with the amenities deck and lounge overlooking DT/DPAC Plaza/City Hall. Office is on the bottom closer to parking and SunRail platform in the middle floors being built currently. 

CSP OBJ.jpg

Edited by dcluley98
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

This is incorrect. It is opposite. The Hotel is at the top, with the amenities deck and lounge overlooking DT/DPAC Plaza/City Hall. Office is on the bottom closer to parking and SunRail platform in the middle floors being built currently. 

I knew it was divided according to the wider lower portion and the thinner upper portion. Having the hotel at the top makes sense, given the better views I guess, but it seems like better views would be a major selling point for commercial office renters, too.

Why the heck didn't they just make the tower taller to begin with and do away with that odd looking width change?