Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

1 hour ago, Pieson said:

Hahahaha love the photoshop there.  

And no I have my own bike that I got at Kyle’s bike shop... 

there is actually a Facebook group dedicated to the weird places Lime bikes are left all over Orlando

https://www.facebook.com/groups/381800455722453/?ref=share

This........may be the best day of the week solely because of this. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Never noticed how wide this building really is.
I understand now why it's not taller.

I did.

That's always been my main issue with it, along with the odd looking protrusion of the bottom half as seen from the north and south.

Standard Orlando building.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I think it would be more accurate to say it's the "length" of the building that is too long in proportion to it's height, or vice versa, as in the height is too short in proportion to it's length.

Length being the north-south dimension.

Eeeek! Sounds too much like a word problem. I’m having nightmares about jr. high all over again *wonders if there’s still any Clearasil around here after all these years*

• Haha 1

Buildings, like everything else in the physical world, have three dimensions.

Height, Length  & Width.

So re: CSP, which is which?

Height is obvious, but which way is Length and which way is Width?

Would help to know when discussing them, I would think.

I believe the longer north/south dimension would be the length.

No big deal and not really "hair splitting" afaic.

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I think the H/L/W comment is fair.  It is a fairly universal way of describing buildings.

I think there’s some ambiguity. If you are looking at a building from its front door, and describing it based on this, it may not be of a perfect N/S/E/W orientation. 

Therefore, when someone describes the “width” of this building as seen from its “front side”, the width of the building is the N/S orientation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gtothree2748 said:

A little off topic but I feel this way in general towards Orlando’s whole skyline.  When coming in from the north on I-4, the skyline has an illusion of being taller and more dense because of how so many of the dominate buildings have this same “skinny side” orientation and are closer together from east and west of each other. (Court house, suntrust, the vue, BOA, solaire and now this one). Then, when coming in from the east, on 408, you see these same buildings but they are all spaced out from north and south of each other, and are all wide and shorter looking. 

100% agreed.

• Like 2