Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

Thanks for the update on all of the projects.   The most unexpected and surprising bit of that for me is Orlando Central still being a thing.  I understood this was submitted just to sell the land and the lack of activity afterwards always confirmed that for me

I'm surprised by Orlando Central too.  That would be cool if it is still a real project.  Another tower to go along with Tremont on I-4 and starting to infill toward the north with BOA and the Courthouse.  Also, that building would really fill in a gap along the skyline view from across lake Eola.  The pedestal looks kinda funny though on the I-4 side.  

23 minutes ago, gibby said:

I'm surprised and excited about Modera.  I'd love to see that happen soon.

I was actually kind of hoping that one had fallen through and we'd get something better looking there.

I would rather the City Center design was going in the Modera spot.

Oh well, they haven't put me in charge of those decisions yet, so...

• Like 1

On 4/22/2016 at 10:19 AM, RedStar25 said:

Last night I met with one of the areas lead urban architects and we discussed a few projects around downtown. He said foundation permits for all of these high-rises need to be secured before August or else OCPS is going to tack on another $2,000 per unit in impact fees. This would bring the fee to $5,000 PER UNIT. This comes as OCPS has announced their intention to built 12 new schools. 

He said Termont is moving along and that Modera would probably follow. 

Orlando Central is also slowly moving forward. 

City Center has a way to go yet in their permitting and battles with the "lake people". 

I thought City Center was releasing their space. Seems like they have given up on this cycle. 

And the impact fee raise seems like BS for now. How much money is sitting in their accounts not being used? Didn't we just renew the penny sales tax for schools? 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2016 at 2:25 PM, gibby said:
22 minutes ago, jack said:

I thought City Center was releasing their space. Seems like they have given up on this cycle. 

And the impact fee raise seems like BS for now. How much money is sitting in their accounts not being used? Didn't we just renew the penny sales tax for schools? 

I suppose the penny sales tax won't generate enough to build all the new schools they say they need in order to handle the projected increase in population. 

With the county rubber stamping these massive new housing developments like Lake Pickett, I can sort of see their point.

• 2 months later...

Great news, nite owl.  That is one of the better looking projects currently proposed for downtown, and the new Sunrail station is a benefit, especially being indoors.  It may get more people to ride in adverse weather with an indoor station.  Fairwinds seems like they are thinking ahead with that and as their spokesperson said, they could get a lot of free publicity if people start using the station more and referring to it by the Fairwinds name attached to the building.  

• Like 1

I don't want to be a naysayer but...nay.

- No updates on any sort of timeline

- assuming the quotes are recent, that's a good sign but still nothing solid

- This doesn't mention an indoor train station just a "Grand Station" feel.   The proposal is to move the SB platform to the property but can't imagine FDOT giving up any ROW any sooner than Lincoln wanting freight trains running through their lobby.   

- they did not receive a foundation permit in December just one to begin site work.  Foundation is still pending though it looks like they just need to pay to pick it up

reslly hope this happens but this was almost OBJ quality of no substance 

4 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

I don't want to be a naysayer but...nay.

- No updates on any sort of timeline

- assuming the quotes are recent, that's a good sign but still nothing solid

- This doesn't mention an indoor train station just a "Grand Station" feel.   The proposal is to move the SB platform to the property but can't imagine FDOT giving up any ROW any sooner than Lincoln wanting freight trains running through their lobby.   

- they did not receive a foundation permit in December just one to begin site work.  Foundation is still pending though it looks like they just need to pay to pick it up

reslly hope this happens but this was almost OBJ quality of no substance 

Nothing other than the coveted big tenant and a major hotel signed up. Keep it going and we'll see this breaking ground next month!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jernigan said:

- This doesn't mention an indoor train station just a "Grand Station" feel.  

From article: 

" The Tremont Plaza will also serve as SunRail's first indoor station with a new platform for Church Street inside the building, according to developer Lincoln Property Company. "

• Like 1

Nothing against Jernigan, he makes valid points, but missed that line in the article.  Of course, there are probably a lot of things that still need to happen to get this done.  Somebody saying something in the paper and it actually happening are two vastly different things, so I understand his perspective.