Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

are they calling this the new  Sun Trust Plaza currently and will it be renamed Truist Plaza?  anyway here is downtown's newest office tower from all angles drive bys and walk bys. 

is their future phases to this?  was wondering because of the garage being exposed or is that the finished product?   I like it better from I-4 than other directions. 

It has been known as Church St Plaza, but I think the eventual signage will say Truist. There are additional phases, currently referred to as the jinga building and can be found in the CSP2 thread. Re: the garage. What you see is it, although there may or may not be a Sunrail stop involved in which case it may or may not look different. Bottom line, I'm not sure we know what will be of this project.

Btw, the AC Hotel opens this week... "As one of only a few rooftop spaces in downtown Orlando -- an area celebrated for its authentic soul, live events, 19th century architecture and under-the-radar charm – SkyBar is primed to stand out in “The City Beautiful.”

Sounds lovely, doesn't it?

https://ftnnews.com/accommodation/40996-ac-hotel-opens-in-downtown-orlando

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AmIReal said:

It has been known as Church St Plaza, but I think the eventual signage will say Truist. There are additional phases, currently referred to as the jinga building and can be found in the CSP2 thread. Re: the garage. What you see is it, although there may or may not be a Sunrail stop involved in which case it may or may not look different. Bottom line, I'm not sure we know what will be of this project.

Btw, the AC Hotel opens this week... "As one of only a few rooftop spaces in downtown Orlando -- an area celebrated for its authentic soul, live events, 19th century architecture and under-the-radar charm – SkyBar is primed to stand out in “The City Beautiful.”

The mockups for the hotel look really nice. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 8:18 PM, AmIReal said:

when does Skybar open?  We called them on Saturday and they didn't say.  Perhaps they open when AC opens?

@jrs2 we must have passed each other... :)

Can't say I was overly impressed. The hotel lobby is tiny, the food menu is pretty unimpressive (unless there was a restaurant other than Skybar that I did  not find) and even the view- for the most part- is not great. Most of the Skybar view looks SW and there is not a lot to see. However, you found the small space on the back of the patio  that allows you to partially see downtown Orlando... good job.

Overall, good business traveler hotel.

46 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

@jrs2 we must have passed each other... :)

Can't say I was overly impressed. The hotel lobby is tiny, the food menu is pretty unimpressive (unless there was a restaurant other than Skybar that I did  not find) and even the view- for the most part- is not great. Most of the Skybar view looks SW and there is not a lot to see. However, you found the small space on the back of the patio  that allows you to partially see downtown Orlando... good job.

Overall, good business traveler hotel.

this will give fantastic views of the sunset.  Nighttime will have a great ambiance.  Daytime was whitewashed by the bright sun. 

They had a veggie burger that was very good, so I was satisfied.  My thing is that...who has good menus anyway?  I go to Citrus Club and their lunch menu for me stinks.  This place is mainly a bar- indoor/outdoor, with some food and a great ambiance at night.  It is noisy and very windy outside.  

It's a good option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

this will give fantastic views of the sunset.  Nighttime will have a great ambiance.  Daytime was whitewashed by the bright sun. 

They had a veggie burger that was very good, so I was satisfied.  My thing is that...who has good menus anyway?  I go to Citrus Club and their lunch menu for me stinks.  This place is mainly a bar- indoor/outdoor, with some food and a great ambiance at night.  It is noisy and very windy outside.  

It's a good option.

This is open then?  Do you just go straight up the elevator to the bar?  I can't seem to find any info on their website.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

It's a good option.

It's going to be a mess up there during the daily afternoon thunderstorm season come summertime. 

2 hours ago, elefants said:

This is open then?  Do you just go straight up the elevator to the bar?  I can't seem to find any info on their website.

Yes, take the elevator to the 18th floor. Lobby/ bar all in one.

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

It's going to be a mess up there during the daily afternoon thunderstorm season come summertime. 

Staff said they lost a few dining chairs already from the wind. Had to weigh them down with sand.

I thought the wind was fairly well blocked by the glass surround.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Yes, take the elevator to the 18th floor. Lobby/ bar all in one.

Staff said they lost a few dining chairs already from the wind. Had to weigh them down with sand.

I thought the wind was fairly well blocked by the glass surround.

They "lost" dining chairs? Hopefully no one "found" them.  :ermm:

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/8/2022 at 7:16 PM, jrs2 said:

no photo, but this project is IMO very successful.  I cannot count the number of times I round the corner of South St & Garland and there are vehicles going into this building.  Also, I always see people with luggage in front of the valet/lobby.  There's a lot of activity here.  The have Foxtail inside on the ground floor.  They have the hotel Skybar which gets busy at night.

This project did it's job.  It took a parking lot and converted it into a living segment of downtown.  office, hotel, bar, etc...

I think the hotel within was key.

Dynetech/ Aspire had an eatery on the ground floor early on which failed unfortunately.  I don't think another one went in.  But Aspire is pretty much leased with residential.

These two buildings are the most similar in downtown; self contained with parking pedestal, office, and residential/non-residential.

We need another mixed use tower with hotel component downtown.

I believe you are talking about another parcel within Aspire, but on street level Deeply Coffee is there and is quite popular/always busy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bqknight said:

I believe you are talking about another parcel within Aspire, but on street level Deeply Coffee is there and is quite popular/always busy. 

I think he's talking about above Deeply Coffee.  Even the Comerica branch there didn't survive.  Unsure what's there now.

36 minutes ago, codypet said:

I think he's talking about above Deeply Coffee.  Even the Comerica branch there didn't survive.  Unsure what's there now.

I think Aspire is the textbook case that retail works best in clusters. The throwaway concept that an empty storefront constitutes “mixed-use” is ridiculous - it’s the same idea as the visors.

9 hours ago, bqknight said:

yeah, I didn't know about Deeply Coffee.  I remember a restaurant like Urban Flats that was in the building along Wash.

8 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I think Aspire is the textbook case that retail works best in clusters. The throwaway concept that an empty storefront constitutes “mixed-use” is ridiculous - it’s the same idea as the visors.

yeah, but that bar inside The Met at Wash & Ros is always busy...