Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

3 hours ago, HankStrong said:

I'd rather discuss low wages than your irrational disdain for the brise soliel!

3 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Just imagine Cheyenne with a brise soleil!

Remember the "save the brise soleil" movement? There were some interesting proposals.

50 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

I'd rather discuss low wages than your irrational disdain for the brise soliel!

and low educational standards - don't forget the low educational standards!

*takes a meeting with the hs football coach*

I really do hope they find a use for them - they're sort of our own Stonehenge moment.

Edited by spenser1058

49 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

*takes a meeting with the ha football coach*

I really do hope they find a use for them - they're sort of our own Stonehenge moment.

I vaguely remember a proposal to use the brise soleil as shade cover for a SunRail platform. That would have been the most fabulous albeit ridiculous train platform of all time.

5 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

I vaguely remember a proposal to use the brise soleil as shade cover for a SunRail platform. That would have been the most fabulous albeit ridiculous train platform of all time.

I suggest putting it on top of some future downtown high-rise as a roof feature.

Assemble them in a kind of pergola configuration.

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, prahaboheme said:

Talk about overengineering! Personally, I lean towards a round 7-Eleven built with them just for  Hank.

Seriously, though, if OMA ever builds downtown, I would like to use them for that. Or maybe if OC ever invests in a new building instead of buying Class C office space.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

*takes a meeting with the hs football coach*

You're surely not making a joke about the school meeting I had about my special-needs child, are you?

Even after I explained the meeting.

Do you really find that appropriate Spenser? 

2 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

There is a perfect spot for it at the Orange County DUMP!

• Haha 2

When I was out there the foreman of Conserv told me they just came in and dumped them there and all of them are pretty badly damaged.   He didn't know what was gonna happen to them.  Almost 3 years later they're still out there.

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/15/2018 at 10:59 AM, spenser1058 said:

It seems to have gone off to some warehouse like the Morse's neon signs to be mentioned once a decade but otherwise never to be seen again.

I'm sure they've caught on by now, but every time I'm in WP, I go into the Morse Museum and find an excuse to leave a comment card saying they need to display the neon signs and leave.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed. The massive garage wall I feel would be a great place to put in some kind of green wall or screens to grow vines on, especially being in close proximity to a soon to be massive highway interchange where carbon capture would really help. That's the least the city could do.

FDOT needs to make that unsightly pond into a park or something. It's been done plenty of times in other places. But that's something FDOT won't do. How much water does the thing really collect anyways? I can't remember how it must have looked after Irma. 

• Like 2