Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

A lot of offices are also reinventing themselves from their 89s/90s look.   Even law firms are ditching the mohagany.    They can get their new space to their liking instead of having to pay for the bulk of the renovations where they are now.   

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

I hope the second tower is a different color. Blue is too common downtown. I love Blue but Variety of color would be welcomed by me.

I’m having a difficult time visualizing how a second tower would work in the space. Most concerning, if the developer does plan to take over the entire south side of church street, I worry they would attempt to pull a “Jaymont block” demolition and completely ruin the ambiance of Church St.

Edited by prahaboheme
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, smileguy said:

Every other city in the world, it seems, can figure out how to manage development while preserving historic characteristics, but we can't seem to do the same.  I just stayed in this building in Toronto, where they built a 50-story condo on top of a historic facade. 

212-832-bay-street-toronto-C4068638-1.jpg

And while that building in Toronto is worth saving, I don’t think it is any more architecturally significant than some of the buildings we’ve lost in the name of progress.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I have a hard time believing a second tower is really going to happen there.

Not anytime soon, anyway.

They saids 2022 2023 but I dont think Downtown Orlando necessarily needs the extra office space?  I could be wrong but if CNL gets off of the ground first....you're probably right.

• Thanks 1